[ Order This Book ]
Table of Contents
GIS for Everyone : Exploring Your Neighborhood and Your World with a Geographic Information System
Author: Davis, David E.
List Price: $19.95
Published by ESRI Press
Date Published: 07/1999
No matter who you are or what you do, you will find this book to be all you need to discover the fast-growing world of geographic information system (GIS) technology. Everything you need to get started is included.
In GIS For Everyone, you'll learn how digital maps are "smarter" than paper maps and just how much they can tell you about your world--its physical environment, man-made infrastructure, demographics, and political makeup, to mention only a few. You'll load geographic data from the companion CD and from the Internet. Within minutes, you'll be able to create attractive and accurate digital maps that you can print, embed in documents, E-mail, or publish on the World Wide Web.
- More than 500 MB of detailed GIS data covering the entire planet
- A full working version of ArcExplorer software, the most widely used geographic data viewer
- Valuable geographic data for a ZIP Code of your choice
- Tutorial exercises
- Map gallery
Some of the explorations include:
- San Diego, California
- Washington, D.C.
- Rio de Janeiro, Prague, and New York City
- Austin, Texas
- A ZIP Code of your choice
- Sydney, Australia