ObjectARX 2002: Is it possible to derive an AcGeSplineEnt2d/3d from an AcDbSpline?

Newsgroups Answer
Subject: ObjectARX 2002: Is it possible to derive an AcGeSplineEnt2d/3d from an AcDbSpline?
From: netguardianii@gmail.com
Newsgroups: autodesk.autocad.objectarx
Date: Feb 14 2007 21:29:09
Part of the program I''m currently writing requires selecting sample
points from a user-inputed spline according to a specified chord
deviation tolerance. Basically, the implementation I''ve written does
the same exact thing as AcGeCurve3d::getSamplePoints does on a
AcGeSplineEnt3d, though I''m quite willing to bet that getSamplePoints
is orders of magnitudes faster than my implementation, which is
horribly slow (it takes about 30 seconds to generate 700 sample points
at .001 tolerance). Unfortunately, I''ve been unable to put this theory
to test, because getSamplePoints is AcGeCurve3d specific, and any user-
specified spline are of the AcDbSpline variety.

So far, I haven''t found a way of converting an AcDbSpline to an
AcGeSplineEnt3d. There doesn''t seem to be some magical function, like:

AcGeSplineEnt3d AcDbSpline::convertToAcGeCounterpart();

Nor does there seem to be any way of copying over the control points
from the former to the latter (cf. 2002''s documentation). Can anyone
see a way around (or through) this problem?

Thanks,
Max

Date Subject  Author
14.02. o ObjectARX 2002: Is it possible to derive an AcGeSpnetguardianii
Kenesto: 30 day trial
MasterCAM

Internet Business Systems © 2018 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
25 North 14th Steet, Suite 710, San Jose, CA 95112
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation GISCafe - Geographical Information Services TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy PolicyAdvertise