Re: acedSSGet problems

Newsgroups Answer
Subject: Re: acedSSGet problems
From: JEA1@TravelXpense.com (Joe A)
Newsgroups: autodesk.autocad.objectarx
Date: Dec 31 1969 16:00:00
Marek,

The "W" is window and the entire entity must be within the window and "C" is
crossing, meaning that if any part of the entity is in the Window it will
select it.  I believe the acedSSGet is ignoring the Z coordinates and taking
anything in the plan view window of the supplied coordinates.  If you have
other entities at zero elevation, they would get selected also.

Hope this helps,
Joe

"Marek Krawczyk" <krawiec@interia.pl> wrote in message
Hi
I have a problem with selection set using acedSSGet.
What I''m trying to do is check whether there is 1 or more entities in
certain area. I''ve read documentation and figuread out that it would be
best to choose either "W" or "C" parameter. I don''t know if I''m getting
it right but I think that when I use "W" the whole entity must be
selected [like in AutoCAD2007 selecting the right direction] and in "C"
anything that passes through selection area will be selected [like
selecting the left direction in autocad].

That''s the theory.

I wrote something like this:
pt1[X] = 1.0; pt1[Y] = 131.0; pt1[Z] = 171.0; //temp2
pt2[X] = -1.0; pt2[Y] = 19.0; pt2[Z] = 169.0; //temp2
if (acedSSGet(_T("C"), pt1, pt2, NULL, ssname)!= RTNORM){...} //temp2

in order to select anything that passes through point 0,130,170 or
0,20,170
[the idea is that at the beginning there is one entity, which is then
cloned and mirrored - I want to check if there is one: then I can do
the operations or if there are 2 entities then I should do nothing]

I want to check point 0, 130,170 [which should be crossed by one
entity] and 0,20,170 [the cloned one].
But the interesting part is that when I count selected entities:
if ((acedSSLength( nazwa, &length ) != RTNORM) || (length == 0)) {...}
I get 3 [sic!] of them.
I have no idea where the other 2 came from and what they are.

When I was trying to do it using point which should belong to both
original and cloned one:
pt1[X] = 30.0; pt1[Y] = 75.0; pt1[Z] = 225.0;
if (acedSSGet(NULL, pt1, NULL, NULL, ssname)!= RTNORM){ ...}
it found 1 entity, but when I copied in autocad using _copy it didn''t
find anything.

Could anyone tell me if I''m doing it the wrong way? Or how could I do
it?

Thanks in advance
Marek

Date Subject  Author
03.09. * acedSSGet problemsMarek Krawczyk
31.12. `- Re: acedSSGet problemsJoe A
Kenesto: 30 day trial
MasterCAM

Internet Business Systems © 2018 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
25 North 14th Steet, Suite 710, San Jose, CA 95112
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation GISCafe - Geographical Information Services TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy PolicyAdvertise