FREMONT, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — August 17, 2011 — Themis Computer today announced the RES-NT1 High-Performance Computer (HPC). The RES-NT1 combines the computing performance of NVIDIA® TeslaTM M-Class GPU computing modules, Intel Xeon processors, and Themis robust thermal and kinetic design management to bring high-performance computing to the demanding environments such as field deployments for military, aerospace, and energy applications.
NVIDIA Tesla M-class GPUs are massively parallel companion processors to CPUs that deliver unprecedented performance on a range of signal processing, image analysis and video forensic applications. Coupled with off-the-shelf developer toolkits for C, C++, and Fortran and powerful signal and image processing libraries, such as GPU-VSIPL and NPP (NVIDIA Performance Primitives), Themis’s Tesla GPU-accelerated servers offer a robust solution for a range of HPC applications outside the traditional data center environment.
“Themis recognizes the rising demand in GPU computing,” said Bill Kehret, CEO of Themis. “By combining Themis’ DoD-ready server technology with NVIDIA Tesla GPUs, computing performance can be increased and applications accelerated by up to 10x. Equally important, these platforms support best-of-breed open architecture tools and math/signal processing libraries, preserving our customer’s investment in application development,” continued Mr. Kehret.
“Themis’ rugged HPC systems are ideal for non-traditional data center environments where high-performance and data reliability are as equally important as power and space efficiency,” said Kevin Berce, business development manager at NVIDIA. “We believe that there is a significant market for advanced signal processing capabilities using Tesla GPUs in these unique environments, and welcome the opportunity to work with Themis to bring new levels of computing performance and efficiency to new and existing customers.”
Based on the NVIDIA® Fermi™ architecture, Tesla M-class GPU modules deliver up to 665 Gigaflops of double precision performance and up to 1,330 gigaflops of single precision performance. In addition, the M-class GPU modules are the first GPUs to have ECC memory error protection for uncompromised data reliability.
RES-NT1-1U High-Performance Computer Highlights
The RES-NT1 HPC has applications in Military, Aerospace, and Energy Exploration markets that are often constrained by space, weight, and power (SWAP). The RES-NT1-1U’s twenty-inch (508 mm) depth enables it to fit where other high performance computers cannot. The system’s aluminum chassis is about half the weight of a standard steel chassis. Features include:
NVIDIA® TeslaTM M-Class GPU
- M2050, M2070, M2090
Intel® Xeon® Processors
- Intel 5500 or 5600, four or six core Xeon processors
- Rack-optimized design for unique user requirements
- Designed for high reliability in harsh operating environments
- Specially coated aluminum for light-weight and corrosion resistance
- Stainless steel reinforcement for strength and stiffness
- Modular design for easy upgrade and service
- Optional rack-mount slides
- Front-to-rear airflow direction
- Operating shock: 3 axis, 30G, 25ms
- Operating vibration: 2.0 Grms, 8 Hz to 2000 Hz
- Operating temperature: 0°C – Up to 50°C
- Humidity: up to 90% non-condensing
* Environmental specifications are configuration dependent
Power supply options
- Single or redundant 110/220 VAC
- 18-36 VDC, 32 Amp
- 36-72 VDC, 18 Amp
- Hot swappable disk drives
- Power supply options
- MIL-STD-810G (Shock and Vibration)