AltaMap 4.0 adds a National Routing Engine that provides turn-by-turn driving directions with user defined route preferences and the option to integrate real time traffic information. The AltaMap Routing Engine currently supports the NavTech Premium Street Database. The AltaMap GeoCoding engine also supports the same street database. This level of integration between mapping components eliminates a common source of errors on popular mapping sites. Due to the fact that most sites use a GeoCoding solution from one vendor and a routing solution from another, routes don't always start or end exactly where they are should, even when the GeoCoding matches are exact. The integration of the routing engine as well as the GeoCoding engine on top of the same street database eliminates this common source of error.
Additional features and enhancements found in the AltaMap 4.0 release include:
- Support for MapInfo® TAB files
- Improved automated label placement algorithms
- Precise user definable label positioning
- Support for ODBC data sources as native AltaMap tables and record sets
- Automated relates from map data to ODBC data sources
- Attribute indexing
- Improved spatial indexing for even faster map display
- Numerous other performance improvements
- Optional cartographic quality street renderer supporting data from more data vendors
About GeoMicro, Inc.
GeoMicro develops high performance Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software for the Internet, setting industry standards in terms of scalability, reliability and total cost of ownership. GeoMicro's AltaMap family of products cover the full range of Internet Mapping needs. Cartographic quality maps, and nation-wide geocoding and routing, make AltaMap the ideal platform for the next generation of GIS applications.