POWER WITHOUT THE TOWER!
LAS VEGAS February 14, 2012 - -- HP today unveiled the world’s first all-in-one workstation with a 27-inch diagonal display.
Designed like no other, the display of the new HP Z1 Workstation snaps open so users can easily swap out parts and make upgrades without any tools required.(1)
The HP Z1 combines a sleek industrial design with accelerated performance featuring Intel® Xeon® processors,(2) NVIDIA Quadro graphics, support for more than 1 billion colors(3) and HP’s world-class reliability.
Built for computer-aided design, digital media and entertainment professionals, the HP Z1 provides blazingly fast rendering and performance. It offers a full range of workstation-class graphics cards and processors, and is thoroughly tested and certified to work with today’s leading industry applications.
The HP Z1 is the world’s first all-in-one
workstation with a 27-inch diagonal display.
Whether it’s an engineer creating 3-D components, an architect designing buildings or a videographer editing event footage, the HP Z1 gives creative professionals the power they need to bring ideas to life faster.
“The revolutionary HP Z1 sets a new industry standard for workstation design, performance and serviceability,” said Jim Zafarana, vice president and general manager, Commercial Solutions Business Unit, HP. “With its game-changing design and an experience that optimizes visual and computing performance, the HP Z1 will help attract new customers and expand our market leadership.”
Workstation performance without compromise
- Workstation performance. Features professional NVIDIA Quadro graphics, ECC memory, quad-core Intel Xeon processors,(2) independent software vendor solutions and whisper-quiet acoustics.
- Tool-less chassis. Users can easily add a hard drive, upgrade memory or access the graphics card by snapping open the chassis to swap out parts.
- Workstation-class storage. Users can choose from a variety of storage types, including 7.2K and 10K SATA, SSD, optional RAID configurations, removable drives (AMO), a multiformat media card reader and optical drives including a slot-load Blu-ray Writer.(4)
- Professional display. The 27-inch white LED diagonal display supports more than 1 billion colors(3) and features a wide, 178-degree viewing angle and an in-plane switching (IPS) panel.
- High-fidelity audio. Front-facing dual-cone speakers and SRS Premium Sound offer high-fidelity audio.
- High-definition Webcam. Have face-to-face meetings and see every detail right down to the twinkle of an eye. Also captures HD-quality video.(5)
- HP Remote Graphics Software. Users can work remotely while still accessing the high-performance 2-D, 3-D, video and media-rich applications they count on.
- HP Performance Advisor. Reduces the time spent troubleshooting by providing a consolidated report of the workstation’s hardware and software configuration that can be used to tune the workstation for specifically professional application workloads with just one click.
Pricing and availability
The new HP Z1 Workstation is expected to be available worldwide in April. Pricing starts at $1,899 in the United States.(6)
Additional information is available at www.hp.com/z1.
(1) All specifications represent the typical specifications provided by HP’s component manufacturers; actual performance may vary.
(2) Dual-core and quad-core technologies are designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and hardware-aware multitasking operating systems and may require appropriate operating system software for full benefits; not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of these technologies.
(3) 1.07 billion viewable colors through A-FRC technology.
(4) As Blu-ray is a new format containing new technologies, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and some displays may require HDCP support. HD DVD movies cannot be played on this workstation.
(5) Internet access is required and not included.
(6) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel and Xeon are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corp. in the United States and other countries.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of restructuring and integration plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.