The new SOLIDWORKS PDM 2018 is packed with enhancements, but one of the most interesting is the revision table integration. Gone are the days of workarounds to both update the revision table in SolidWorks and to limit the amount of rows on that Revision table.
This exciting new feature will let you:
- Read and write values from or to a SOLIDWORKS revision table.
- Configure SOLIDWORKS PDM variables to automatically add information such as revision date, description, and approver to a new row in the table or to update the last row.
- Change the mapped variable values in the file’s data card, the values in the table are updated and vice versa.
- Updated automatically the revision table row by using 2 methods:
- Set variable transition actions, and
- Set Revision command.
Let’s take a look at this new feature and how we can make it work.