MCADCafe
   >> CAD Interoperability
Thread views: 62666 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

bhewko
(Stranger )
10/09/01 08:46 AM
Why do we need interoperability? new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

My question is to all engineers. Are you accountable for your design changes when you provide access to your CAD geometry to another member of the developmental team? In an environment where companies use several vendors and suppliers to help develop products are we increasing liabilities when we everyone on the design team the freedom to make changes?

Brian Hewko
President
APEC
501 Cahoon Road
Bay Village, Ohio 44140

infojet
(Stranger )
04/09/02 06:25 AM
Re: Why do we need interoperability? [re: bhewko]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

If it is one bad change what gonna happened?
If two person change the things at the same time, what gonna happened?

dcp
(Unregistered)
04/15/02 11:39 AM
Re: Why do we need interoperability? new [re: bhewko]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Brian,

2 heads are better than 1 and 5 heads are better than 2. Interoperability (though I think we are some distance away from it),is inevitable. Closely on its heels will be the issue of data management. Engineers having the freedom to make changes is a good thing, but that ability without accountability, is a bad thing. Ultimate apporval of designs should be overseen by someone with that responsibility. I personally want to see a successful EDM system(Engineering Data Management) before PDM. Increased liability, if the management of the design data is controlled, will not be much different than it is today.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

SolidCAM: Program your CNCs directly inside your existing CAD system.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation GISCafe - Geographical Information Services TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy Advertise