MCADCafe
   >> MCAD User News and Reviews
Thread views: 7828 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Unregistered)
06/20/11 07:18 PM
PTC Delivers First Creo Apps new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

PTC Delivers First Creo Apps

Use this link to read the full article

Ron Keeley
(Unregistered)
06/20/11 07:18 PM
Direct & Parametric capabililities new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I certainly hope that they don't end up going back to one monolithic app in the future. I'd like to see a Direct Modeling focused app with some parametric capability (heck, CoCreate has had that for years, actually) and the other a parametric-focused app with some direct modeling capability. That way, users wanting/needing to start from either end of the direct-parametric paradigm can do so, plus get some of the other end-of-the-spectrum capability. I'd really like to see the Direct Modeling tool (Creo Direct) make the existing parametric capability in that tool be something that's also usable (i.e. user interface is fairly simple and understandable and elegant to use, but perhaps doesn't do everything that the high-end Pro version of parametrics does.) This has been a long-standing wish of mine (many years, actually), so I don't really expect it to happen...

eepgmik
(Stranger )
06/27/11 06:05 AM
Re: Direct & Parametric capabililities new [re: Ron Keeley]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Ron,

"I'd really like to see the Direct Modeling tool (Creo Direct) make the existing parametric capability in that tool be something that's also usable (i.e. user interface is fairly simple and understandable and elegant to use, but perhaps doesn't do everything that the high-end Pro version of parametrics does.)"

I would suggest having a look at Creo Direct then - that's exactly what it does, along with providing direct operations, that all allow for a round-trip between Direct and Parametric. Ease of use was the primary design constraint for Creo Direct.

Regards,

Martin Kemp, PTC

Geoff Hedges, PTC
(Unregistered)
06/28/11 11:17 AM
Questions and Answers around Creo 1.0 Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Jeff,
thanks for taking the time to review Creo 1.0 and to post your top questions. We've taken your questions and answered them on creo.ptc.com, please visit:
http://creo.ptc.com/2011/06/28/jeff-rowe-creo-questions-and-mcadcafe-com/
We're definitely convinced Creo brings excitement to the CAD industry, addressing the top challenges, and delivering the next generation of design software to manufacturers. The reactions from our customers have been very positive, and now Creo 1.0 is here, we're seeing terrific interest in deploying Creo.
Thanks again for taking the time to review Creo 1.0.
Best Regards,
Geoff Hedges
PTC

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

SolidCAM: Program your CNCs directly inside your existing CAD system.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation GISCafe - Geographical Information Services TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy Advertise