MCADCafe
   >> MCAD User News and Reviews
Thread views: 7452 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Unregistered)
07/02/10 06:12 PM
BUNKSPEED Launches Next-generation Bunkspeed SHOT 3D Renderi Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

BUNKSPEED Launches Next-generation Bunkspeed SHOT 3D Rendering Software with mental images iray Technology

Use this link to read the full article

Strein-Fredrik Fossum
(Unregistered)
07/02/10 06:12 PM
Not so... new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

This is pure advertisement. Shot is far from what Hyper Shot was: easy to use on "any" computer. This article downplays the need for very expensive hardware in order to achieve "real time" rendering with SHOT. A Nvidia Quadro FX 5800 is very expensive and adding 3 more Tesla cards...wow! What was really great about Hyper Shot is gone. Bunkspeed should come clean with the needed hardware specs in order to achieve good work flow and results. They should stop generalizing the "Cuda" hardware and start talking about specifics. There are many options and the ones they talk about are very expensive. I have a DELL T1500 with 8 gigs of ram, i7 860 processor (8 virtual cores that blaze through Hyper Shot rendering and real time updates of the scene), and a Nvidia Quadro FX 580 card. SHOT does not work well with my setup. The realtime view is not usefull as it takes much too long to get to n acceptable level of clarity. And the redering feature is really hard to understand. No settings except how long you want to render?? I want an image that is this and that size with this and that resolution...NOW. With the new settings in SHOT it is impossible to know what you end up with.

KeyShot user
(Unregistered)
07/30/10 10:19 AM
User new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

The good news is that HyperShot still exists under the name KeyShot (http://keyshot.com/) and it does not require any special graphics card.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation GISCafe - Geographical Information Services TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy Advertise