MCADCafe
   >> MCAD User News and Reviews
Thread views: 5856 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Unregistered)
12/29/09 08:37 AM
Catadent cuts its teeth on Sescoi’s WorkNC®Dental new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Catadent cuts its teeth on Sescoi’s WorkNC®Dental

Use this link to read the full article

Debby Wu
(Unregistered)
12/29/09 08:37 AM
Wow, technology! Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am a sale manager working in marsdental lab. My boss is an American. He sets up a Dental lab with 200 technicians in Zhuhai China, a city very near Hongkong.
When I first apply for this job, my boss tells me that all dentures are hand made, and there will be a huge market for this business. Because the average salary for a Chinese technician can never complete with a technician in US. And a normal crown and bridge is sold at a price in US almost 5 times the price sold from our lab in China.
All materials we used to make the dental restorations are the same as the dental labs used in US, the only differences are the people, the technicians. All the technicians in our China company are trained by American professionals( my boss ). Which means there is no quality differences of the dentures made in China and abroad.
When I try to persude labs in US to try do outsourcing from our lab, in the begining, they concern about the quality, but as our price is really competitive, they will always be happy to see our samples and then later place regular order from us.
Of cource, just as a coin has 2 sides, when dental labs in US do outsourcing, which means they don't need as many technicians as before, so what shall these technician do to survive? In these case, Chinese technicians are the enemy of technicians in US?
No, we are not the enemy, instead we are friends. What I would say is that survival of the fittest. Science and technology constitute a primary productive force. A man of great talents will surely be given important assignment.
Every products will reach its market price one day, and every patient deserves qualified treatment from the dentist at a reasonalbe price. I support catadental's idea on cutting tooth with an auto system with more accuracy and efficiency. In this case it can free more technicians from doing routine technical jobs every day. And people can have more time in exploring their life in other aspects. And I hope the scientist in China can do some research on this field as well.
I wonder, I do wonder if the cartoon movie " Futurma "will come true one day?
debby.marsdentallab
Simple, Passion, Independant.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation GISCafe - Geographical Information Services TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy Advertise