>> MCAD User News and Reviews
Thread views: 26408 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

09/08/05 12:33 AM
You Just Bought The Wrong Product!! (The Insider’s Secret Guide to Buying the RIGHT Technology) Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

You Just Bought The Wrong Product!! (The Insider’s Secret Guide to Buying the RIGHT Technology)

Use this link to read the full article

09/08/05 04:42 AM
Humor and Good Advice new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Finally, an article that I can read from start to finish and not start skimming 3 sentences in. Its nice to read an article on MCADCafe that isn't just a vendor's press release with a bunch of techno-babble about their recent feature set. I think Paul's advice is great. In an earlier life with a previous employer, I spent the better part of a year trying to get 3D CAD and PDM implemented before leaving the company in exasperation. In the end, the users that were ready to adopt, adopted, and those that weren't, weren't forced to by management. I still keep in touch with folks there, and the situation hasn't changed. Paul hit this on the head in his article - it was good technology, but it wasn't implemented well (was lacking management support). I'm looking forward to more articles by Paul - if this one is any indication, its humorous, and GOOD, advice.

Johannes Andexlinger / www.PTC
11/01/05 05:24 PM
Great neutral perspective and global thoughts new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

This article is a great mindmap and rough roadmap for people which do not know what they should ask for, if they have to make a "Product Development System" decision. Paul used very important key points in his article: VISION As-Is Business Process Analysis request that the analysts give you the full picture, not just the case for their ROI Additional to this great information: I believe it is also important to talk about the SCALABILITY. Scalability is one of the most important points we need to discuss during the "Decision making Process". This brings us to the very important point Paul mentioned: Your COMPANY VISION. If you have a system which is not sclable (CAD scalability with integral not integrated (addOn) applications; PDM System (Product Data Management) which does understand the complete set of references; Collaboration System (=creating virtual teams for the product development) which can work together with the CAD environment and understands the intelligence of the PDM System; Communication Solution which fits in your Product Development Process - cause it understands the complete set of information coming from the CAD and/or PDM and/or Collaboration System .....) Behind that all is "ProductFirst" - YOUR PRODUCT IS YOUR SUCCESS.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

SolidCAM: Program your CNCs directly inside your existing CAD system.
TurboCAD pro : Free Trial

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation GISCafe - Geographical Information Services TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy Advertise