>> MCAD User News and Reviews
Thread views: 5670 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

10/09/08 03:03 PM
Boeing Selects UGS' Teamcenter Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Boeing Selects UGS' Teamcenter

Use this link to read the full article

10/09/08 03:03 PM
new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

When you look at the current financial status of UGS and how they have a totally fragrmented architecture, it is unbelievable that leading companies like Boeing are still invested in their platform. WIh over 1.4Billion in debt ratio, it is very unlikely UGS will ever get back to a positive cash flow position and I doubt they will ever be able to deliver on their IPO promise. Furthermore, with over 18 different products and architectures, I am very suspect of the R&D investments.
I am getting tired of American companies complaining about how Japan and other countries are kicking our butts. Japan and the others reevaluate their platforms to ensure that the long term PLM/PDM systems they have will support their business and processes in a way that will create a competitive advantage. I don't see the UGS platform supporting Boeing, Ford or GM 3-5 years from now. US companies need to check their polictical agendas at the door and make decisions based on the facts. Those facts include financial trends, an intragral architecure, future viabilty.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Colortrac: LearnMore
TurboCAD pro : Start at $299

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation GISCafe - Geographical Information Services TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy Advertise