MCADCafe
   >> MCAD User News and Reviews
Thread views: 10275 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

think about it
(Unregistered)
10/09/08 03:03 PM
Autodesk Inventor Best Seller For Fifth Consecutive Year new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Autodesk Inventor Best Seller For Fifth Consecutive Year

Use this link to read the full article

think about it
(Unregistered)
Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

autoCAD for mechancial design - give me a break
try looking at Pro/Engineer they will beat any Autodesk product into the ground for mechanical design
why don't you look to Gartner or another group for real industyr numbers - eg best sellers

Skeptical
(Unregistered)
new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

On whos data is this claim based? It reads more like an advertisement than an objective review. Inventor is an OK product, but there are many others that are better.

Crusty Ole Engineer
(Unregistered)

Sounds to me like an advertising blurb.
I have used Inventor since it came out. It will do some neat things, but it can be a very unstable platform for handling large assemblies and program compatability with the PC's you find in the average small to medium size firms.
Inventor still has a long way to go to be on par with some of the other industry CAD programs.
Autodesk really needs to get some experienced field Engineers into the bush and see whats happening in the real world. Their program is designed and built by programers who don't have a lot of real world engineering experience.

LOL
(Unregistered)

I did not see any mention that this leading 3D software is bundled with the leading 2D package AutoCAD. Lets see....if I saturate the market by letting the world pirate my 2D software and then buundle my 3d in with upgrades......Hmmm.

real world
(Unregistered)

true.... if you only count 3D CAD seats Pro/engineer is the market leader.... and if you ask the big boys at autodesk they will tell you that inventer only has a small footprint in the market compared with pro/e 35%, catia 30% and ug 25%
Inventor 18%.... and fallig

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation GISCafe - Geographical Information Services TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy Advertise