MCADCafe
   >> MCAD User News and Reviews
Thread views: 7033 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

David Pollock
(Unregistered)
10/09/08 03:03 PM
UGS To Publish JT Reference Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

UGS To Publish JT Reference

Use this link to read the full article

David Pollock
(Unregistered)
new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

What a joke! JT OPEN. UGS's JT (Just Tesselation) announcement is made when Adobe announces 'Adobe 3D'. UGS is running scared here. JT may be good for engineering collaboration, but has no clue when it comes to supporting all other downstream rich media formats. Adobe (and the Macromedia acquisition) will be the premier Rich Media format for re-use of all CAD data. Additionally, Acrobat 7.0+ runns on MAc or PC and most Global IT departments support their reader.

Stooby
(Unregistered)
new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm glad to hear that UGS is finally publishing the JT specification. JT has been growing in the big companies but has been largely ignored by the mainstream supply base. JT2Go is a big help for suppliers who can't afford the expensive CAD systems of their customers but need to share 3D.
I hope that other software makers like CAM and CAE vendors get on board so we can stop trying to translate back & forth with IGES (I guess!) or STEP. I know that JT can have precise surface geometry which makes it much more usable than the purely visual formats.
Congratulations UGS! This will be a good thing for PLM!!!

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation GISCafe - Geographical Information Services TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy Advertise