MCADCafe
   >> MCAD User News and Reviews
Thread views: 5794 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

John Moore
(Unregistered)
10/09/08 02:47 PM
UGS Launches Comprehensive Velocity Series – PLM For The Mid-Market new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

UGS Launches Comprehensive Velocity Series – PLM For The Mid-Market

Use this link to read the full article

John Moore
(Unregistered)
10/09/08 02:47 PM
Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello Jeff,
First off, want to compliment you on MCAD Cafe and also your weekly commentary on some given news release. I find your analysis balanced and insightful, often as insigthful or more so then some of the industry analysts, of which I was one.
Now I am with Dassault Systemes and read your most recent write-up on UGS''s Velocity. While this is a good move by UGS (they have long ignored their SolidEdge suite), it is hardly unique. DS with partner IBM has been going to market for a few years now with solution suites to address the SMB market. In fact, I would argue that our solutions are even more well-suited for the mid-market for we have structured them to address specific vertical market needs, thereby greatly simplifying deployment and service costs. These solutions (PLM Express) are built with CATIA and SMARTEAM, as well as IBM Middleware, and can readily scale as the business grows (there is no top-end wherein they may grow out of the solution''s capabilities).
Again, I applaud the service you provide to the industry and look forward to your future musings. However, would encourage you to contact some of the competitors to get their input after such announcements as this to get the complete market story.
All the best,
John Moore
Director Industry Analyst Relations
Dassult Systemes

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

SolidCAM: Program your CNCs directly inside your existing CAD system.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation GISCafe - Geographical Information Services TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy Advertise