MCADCafe
   >> MCAD User News and Reviews
Thread views: 6562 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Unregistered)
09/07/09 12:45 PM
SolidWorks 2010 Prepares For Takeoff new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

SolidWorks 2010 Prepares For Takeoff

Use this link to read the full article

Mike des Ligneris
(Unregistered)
09/07/09 12:45 PM
Solidworks leaves me in the lurch Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

2009 is the first year out of 12 that I have defaulted on the Subscription payment to SW
I applaud the advancements but I feel strongly about a software vendor that got me on board because they sold a PC-based 3D CAD system which one-man users such as myself were waiting for, but now are playing with the 'big boys' and still expecting me to fund the salaries of all the VAR's and programmers.
I want a low-cost version of the basic functions that my son and other yougsters can buy and use without breaking the bank. Including a 'greenness' program that tells me to use aluminum rather than magnesium is just hype. Come on Solidworks, I supported you for 12 years, now give me a break and reduce my subscription fee as a reward for long service and also something that I can use economically when I retire.

emxaler
(Stranger )
10/26/09 01:47 PM
Re: Solidworks leaves me in the lurch new [re: Mike des Ligneris]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am in a very similar frame of mind,  I love Solidworks.  I have faithfully renewed my maintenance since the product was introduced.  I could care less about a lot of the features that have bloated this product over the years.  This new environmental package takes the cake though.  Please offer a stripped down package without the bells and whistles we dont ring or blow.  I did not renew my maintenance for the 2010 year.  My business is needing to trim the fat and a bloated Maintenance subscription was one of the casualties.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

SolidCAM: Live imachining

Click here for Internet Business Systems © 2014 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 210, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408) 850-9202 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and EngineeringEDACafe - Electronic Design AutomationGISCafe - Geographical Information ServicesTechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and ResumesShareCG  - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy Advertise