MCADCafe
   >> CAD Interoperability
Thread views: 34417 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

onurb
(Stranger )
02/19/07 04:59 PM
I-DEAS, higher order meshing Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have a specific question about meshing in I-DEAS. I want to create a mesh of a model, using higher order triangular shell elements. In the simulation/meshing tool, there are 2 types of triangular elements: 3 node and 6 node elements. Is this the highest order I-DEAS can achieve. Or is there a way to mesh a structure using 10 or more number of points per element? I am using version 11 of the program. I just need the mesh, and export it in order to use in another program. I appreciate any help
Thanks
Onur

rvrajan2002
(Stranger )
02/28/07 01:27 AM
Re: I-DEAS, higher order meshing new [re: onurb]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Based on my experience upto I-deas 9, there is no way you can generate higher order elements on Shell elements more than second order. When it comes to shell elements there is nothing changed in I-deas on my 15 years experience with product, except the formulation aspects of Midlin and Kirchoff.

onurb
(Stranger )
03/21/07 08:35 AM
Re: I-DEAS, higher order meshing new [re: rvrajan2002]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thanks rajan,

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

SolidCAM: Program your CNCs directly inside your existing CAD system.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation GISCafe - Geographical Information Services TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy Advertise