MCADCafe
   >> MCAD User News and Reviews
Thread views: 4439 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Stephen
(Unregistered)
10/09/08 03:08 PM
SolidWorks Changes Guard at CEO Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

SolidWorks Changes Guard at CEO

Use this link to read the full article

Stephen
(Unregistered)
10/09/08 03:08 PM
new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I agree with your assessment of the SolidWorks situation. Mr. McEleney is to be credited for making a real contribution to mechanical engineering practice (by making the other CAD programs try to innovate again). And, I can't help but agree that a main reason for SolidWorks' success is that he is a product guy. And, it is no surprise whatsoever that the other CAD "vendors" have leaders that don't want to mess with the product. CAD and its cousins (such as CAM and CAE) are cool stuff. If someone is a manager at one of these vendors, and they don't sit right down and learn how to run the programs, then they are just beancounters. They will NEVER make the right decisions for the users (sometimes referred to as customers). And all those vendors will ever sell is software like Pro/Beans or UniBeans or CATbeans (Wall Street will get their beans, and the users will get the vapors that follow). I can't help thinking it is an end of an era.
Come to think of it, are there any businesses left in America that are still in the hands of "product guys"? Maybe you can do an article on that...
Thanks.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

SolidCAM: Live imachining

Click here for Internet Business Systems © 2014 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 210, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408) 850-9202 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and EngineeringEDACafe - Electronic Design AutomationGISCafe - Geographical Information ServicesTechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and ResumesShareCG  - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy Advertise