Early Implementation Philosophy
Use Existing Data, Resources & Staff Knowledge
- CAD Files proved useful before base mapping was complete
- Regional Planning Commission Helps with Data Automation
- 1/2 meter Digital Orthophotography Provided by MassGIS - used heavily
- MassGIS data used for enforcement of Environmental Regulations.
- Town Engineer is a long-time AutoCAD user, with little time to learn new systems. Custom GIS to CAD data export tools are being developed for his use.
Give the users what they need NOW, even if the system won’t be complete until later.
- January, 1999: Voter Distribution Map Produced with TIGER Files
Better Tools Are Coming: Customize software as needed