As the developer of the portable CMM, laser scanner, and software, AXILA Inc. is the only company to provide 100% of the scanning solution. Thus, the performance of the complete system is the best ever seen thanks to the perfect knowledge of the complete system.
G-Scan is compatible with AXILA portable CMMs along with some other articulated arms. The range of AXILA portable arms goes up to 12 ft (3.6 m) in a spherical volume. With options such as the VPS, the first electronic sensor grid, it is possible to scan very large parts such as a whole car for example with one or several G-Scans working together at the same time.
G-Scan is the first laser scanner to include its own axis. Thanks to this unique feature, G-Scan mounts on a high accuracy 6 axis arm, and is able to scan parts easily thanks to its rotary axis. Another advantage is that any existing 2000 or 2500 series portable CMM can become scanning arms very easily.
When scanning a part, it is often required to use contact probes and laser scanner at the same time (to align on a part for example). Switching from one to the other takes time and is not easy at all. Thanks to its special mounting, G-Scan and any contact probe can be used at the same time.
G-Scan works on a traditional laptop for a full portability, or on a desktop computer.
The system works with our G-Pad software. G-Pad is our user friendly inspection and reverse engineering software used with contact probes. Thanks to G-Pad, it is possible to measure geometric features and also possible to align on a part and then switch to G-Scan to digitize it under the appropriate reference.
G-Scan is delivered in standard with a very powerful reverse engineering software allowing:
- to acquire the clouds of points that can be exported in an ASCII file
- to be imported in any CAD software in order to recreate the surfaces.
- to be imported in an inspection software to see the deviations on a part
- to create the triangulation on the points with a very high speed of calculation. The triangles can be exported in DXF and STL formats. The file generated by a G-Scan scanning can be used directly in stereolithography. The part can be displayed with a 3D rendering on the screen.
The complete system is portable and includes :
- portable CMM in its carrying case, with 3 contact probes with auto ID and a repeatable mounting base
- computer case with external connectors for an easy installation and best protection
- laptop computer with Pentium 4
- G-Pad inspection and reverse engineering software for contact probes
- G-Scan rotary laser scanner
- G-Scan reverse engineering software
Contact : AXILA Inc. 24407 Halsted Road Farmington Hills, MI 48335 Ph : 248-426-0919 Fax: 248-426-0940 Internet : www.axila.com E-Mail : Email Contact