among the most important elements of modern manufacturing practice. However, problems in these mission-critical areas continue to plague industry, presenting one of the most formidable impediments to productivity and time to market. To compete and win, manufacturers must continually and aggressively improve knowledge and processes to enable effective communication, collaboration and interoperability, on a global basis.
This two day, international conference provides a unique opportunity for design, engineering, and manufacturing professionals to interact, learn and share experiences in interoperability and collaboration with 3D data. Attendees will learn about the latest strategies, best practices and solutions, while interacting directly with fellow users and leading experts in the field.
The conference also provides an opportunity to learn about the latest data exchange software tools. If collaboration and interoperability with 3D data are important parts of your business, this is the only CAD-neutral conference in the world that addresses this subject head-on, and is a must for you to attend.
With a focus on 3D collaboration and interoperability solutions, and best practices in global product development and manufacturing, the conference will cover such topics as: :
- Multi-CAD interoperability: strategies & best practices
- Migrating CAD Data
- Best practices, technologies and processes for managing legacy data
- Strategies & solutions for verification and quality checking
- Interoperability with downstream CAD applications
- Cross-PDM interoperability
- PMI/GD&T: standards & best practices
- Overview and comparison of Light-weight 3D file formats
- Aligning 3D Formats to Data Requirements
- Security & Intellectual property issues and solutions
- STEP (ISO 10303) implementations, status
- Enabling implementation of STEP
- Feature-based translation: technology overview & update
- Recent successes in real-time, fully functional interoperability
- Future trends in CAD interoperability and/or collaboration technology
- Interoperability with downstream non-CAD applications such as maintenance, purchasing, aftermarket and documentation
- Cost and ROI tradeoffs: Justifying investments in interoperability/collaboration solutions and/or services