MCADCafe Partners With Technology Evaluation Centers to Provide Interactive PLM Decision Support SystemMCADCafe.com and Technology Evaluation Centers have teamed to up offer a detailed, interactive on-line B2B decision support system for the PLM market.
Q: What is the "MCADCafé Technology Evaluation Center"?
A: It is a place where IT Decision makers,vendors, consultants, educators, students, etc. can conduct high level research into the selection process. It is powered by TESS, a patented decision support system, and combined with vetted vendor data stored in a Knowledge Base. The KB simply contains fully evaluated software technologies that have been ranked and rated. It is where 'buyers' of software come to match their requirements to those of the software solution provider's capabilities. It is a place to conduct intelligence, and make an informed evaluation based on your specific business requirements.
Q: How different is the MCADCafé Technology Evaluation Center from other sites with superimposed vendors' data (features/functions)?
A: The main difference is the fact the MCADCafé Technology Evaluation Center uses a combination of extensive vendor analysis coupled with the powerful analytical capabilities of TESS. Vendor data is third party evaluated and is fully impartial. The depth of analysis goes far beyond features and functions; it includes elements such as Corporate Strategy, Flexibility and Viability. This gives all vendors an equal playing field. When this data is entered into our Knowledge Base and viewed through the TESS engine, it becomes an invaluable tool for analysis - "the Rolls Royce of Decision Analysis Software" (ZDNet).
Q: Who should benefit from using the MCADCafé Technology Evaluation Center?
A: Potential buyers -- to rapidly create their business requirements and to conduct a preliminary selection down to 2-3 finalist vendors; Existing users -- to justify the validity of their decision; Vendors and their SI partners -- to justify whether to compete in a particular selection, and/or to conduct a competitive analysis.; Analysts, Students, etc.)
Q: Should I base my purchase decision only on the info found in the MCADCafé Technology Evaluation Center?
A: This is not recommended without first meeting face to face with the vendors who have made it to your short list, discussing specific capabilities and conducting a live software demonstration, then speak to a third party impartial source like a consultant. (For a list of TEC & Advanced Manufacturing approved consultants feel free to contact us.)
Q: What are TESS, eBestMatch and the TESS Engine?
A: TESS is the powerful software tool behind the MCADCafeé Technology Evaluation Center. It is an enterprise-scale decision support tool that contains several patented analysis algorithms. It has been referred to as "the Rolls Royce of Decision Support tools"(ZDNet). For more information on TESS click here. eBestMatch is a simplified web enabled version of TESS. The TESS Engine is the core engine that powers the MCADCafeé Technology Evaluation Center. The TESS Engine permits the MCADCafeé Technology Evaluation Center to retain all of the computational and mathematical power of TESS, yet present the data in a user-friendly manner. This permits the complexity of the TESS software to remain hidden, but at the same time gives the user a simple, easy-to-use and powerful decision evaluation tool at their fingertips. When combined with the extensive Knowledge Bases that are used in the MCADCafeé Technology Evaluation Center, it becomes an invaluable research tool.
Q: How are vendors evaluated for the MCADCafé Technology Evaluation Center?
A: Vendors must first complete our specially prepared RFI questionnaires. Once these questionaires are filled out, our chief analyst will review and aprove the data and then transfer them to the Knowledge Base. Once the data is in the KB, the TESS engine permits in-depth analysis of these ratings weighed against the priorities set in the decision hierarchy. From there, the MCADCafeé Technology Evaluation Center user has full control over how these vendors rank according to their own business priorities.
Q: What happens after my 7 days access period expires?
A: You can purchase more time and continue for another week, and another week and another etc. We charge you, the user, $250.00 per vendor per week and you are free to purchase as many vendors as you wish for that week. You can open up a file and save your work. By weeks end you will be prompted to purchase another week and retain your findings. You can decide to also reduce or increase your field of vendors.
To learn more, see http://mcadcafe.tech-eval.com/.
- Alias/Wavefront Software Fuels New Age of Automotive and Industrial Design Innovation [19 Jun 2003]
- AutoVue and SAP PLM Provide a Comprehensive Data Management, Visualization and Collaboration Solution [17 Jun 2003]
- CAM Software Market Leaders Named [16 Jun 2003]
- Oracle Boosts PeopleSoft Bid to $19.50 per Share [18 Jun 2003]
- PeopleSoft, Inc. Commences Exchange Offer for J.D. Edwards & Company [19 Jun 2003]
- Algor and Alibre Partner to Offer Parametric, Feature-based Solid Modeling and FEA [13 Jun 2003]
- Autodesk Streamline 5 Collaboration Service Now Available [17 Jun 2003]
- CAD/CAM Components Releases GeometryWorks3D V3.0 for SolidWorks(R) Software [18 Jun 2003]
- Creaform Becomes Geomagic Distributor [16 Jun 2003]
- D-Cubed release version 28.0 of the 3D DCM [13 Jun 2003]
- Delcam adds "Die Wizard" to PowerSHAPE [16 Jun 2003]
- Delcam takes five-axis machining campaign to Japan [18 Jun 2003]
- Delcam, DMG and Siemens offer 5-axis machining expertise in Asia for free [19 Jun 2003]
- Delcam's Total Modelling CAD solution comes of age [16 Jun 2003]
- GEOMATE Launches Site for Next Generation Engineering Solvers [19 Jun 2003]
- GiveMePower Ships New PowerCAD Pro For Windows Desktop, Laptop And XP Tablet PCs [19 Jun 2003]
- Global Software Publishing Strengthens Product Offering with Mathsoft's Award-Winning StudyWorks!; Agreement Brings Together Two Leading Names in the Educational Software Market [19 Jun 2003]
- ITI TranscenData Appoints New CADfix Reseller [16 Jun 2003]
- Moldflow Announces the Release of Moldflow Design Link 4.0; Latest CAD connectivity solution supports CATIA V5 users [19 Jun 2003]
- Moldflow Ships Moldflow Plastics Insight 4.1 Software; Feature Packed Release Demonstrates Product Development Commitment to Customer Requests [18 Jun 2003]
- New VX CAD/CAM Version 8 Speeds Integrated Product Design and Manufacturing [17 Jun 2003]
- NVIDIA Quadro FX Available on IBM IntelliStation Workstations [17 Jun 2003]
- PTC Commissioned Study Cites Vital Need for 'Common Vision' in Aerospace & Defense Product Development [17 Jun 2003]
- SAP and IBM Team to Deliver Solutions to Small and Midsize Businesses [17 Jun 2003]
- SAP SI Names Klaus Schottenhamel President and CEO of U.S. Operations [16 Jun 2003]
- Siemens Audiology Group Expands Eigner PLM Implementation Into Product Marketing [17 Jun 2003]
- STEP Tools, Inc. Joins ISO Community at STEP Meeting in Stuttgart, Germany [17 Jun 2003]
- STEP Tools, Inc. Rolls Out ST-Developer Version 10 [16 Jun 2003]
- Surfware, Inc. Expands International Presence in Canada [16 Jun 2003]
- Tecnomatix to Share Vision for MPM's role in the Automotive Supply Chain and PLM at CIMdata Event [19 Jun 2003]
- Association for Women in Computing Names Carol Bartz for Highest Honor; Autodesk CEO Receives Augusta Ada Lovelace Award [16 Jun 2003]
- Autodesk, Inc. Extends Invitation to Join Its Annual Shareholder Meeting [16 Jun 2003]
- INCAT(R) Will Organize, Launch the All New Motor City Autodesk Inventor(R) User Group [16 Jun 2003]
- The Forum for Women Entrepreneurs Awards Successful Bay Area Women at Annual Event Tonight; Carol Bartz, Autodesk President and CEO to be Honored Along with Other Powerful Women in Technology [18 Jun 2003]
- 15 New Customers Choose ESI Group for Casting Simulation [16 Jun 2003]
- Alias/Wavefront Digital Technology Gives SEAT Auto Manufacturer The Creative Edge; StudioTools Speeds and Refines Conceptualization & Visualization [16 Jun 2003]
- Canadian Aerospace Supplier Heroux-Devtek Integrates Product Lifecycle Management Solution from IBM and Dassault Systemes [16 Jun 2003]
- Electronics Manufacturing Service Provider InnerStep Selects eMPower Solutions from Tecnomatix [18 Jun 2003]
- Leading Korean Sewing Machine Company Deploys Autodesk Manufacturing Solutions in Move from 2D to 3D Design [19 Jun 2003]
- Leading U.S. Defense Contractor, Kollmorgen Electro-Optical, Selects Eigner for Product Lifecycle Management [17 Jun 2003]
- MatrixOne Provides PLM Solutions for Cummins Inc.; Leading Diesel Engine and Services Provider Drives Global Product Development Using MatrixOne's Collaborative PLM Environment [16 Jun 2003]
- PSA Peugeot-Citroen Automobiles Chooses MSC.ADAMS/Engine Powered by FEV As Standard Simulation Tool Through a 350,000 Euro Contract [18 Jun 2003]
- SolidWorks 3D Mechanical Design Software Helps Prevent Great Beer from Going Flat [16 Jun 2003]
- Volkswagen AG Deploying PTC ProductView(TM) as Corporate Standard for 3-D Visualization [19 Jun 2003]