From the beginning, the MCADCafé daily and weekly online newsletters have strived to bring you the most up to date information surrounding the many facets of the mechanical design and engineering arena, and we will continue to do this. However, we are also embarking on several new areas of coverage, including:
Mechanical Design, Engineering, and Manufacturing Product Reviews - These will be either standalone reviews of unique products or comparative reviews of similar types of products. In either case, these reviews will be objective and honest through the eyes of real users, including myself.
Company Profiles - We're going to provide you with insight and an inside look at the companies that are really shaping the future of mechanical design and engineering. These companies will range from software developers to consultancies and everything in between.
Case Histories - A lot of us in the mechanical design and engineering realm want to know what works, what doesn't, and why. That's where our case histories come in.
Commentary - We will comment on news items, events taking place, and products being released that affect the overall MCAD industry and its myriad niches.
Additional Areas of Coverage - We are expanding the topics that we cover and will elaborate on such things as:
- PDM - You accumulate mountains of data for every project, but how do you best use it now, and how can you leverage it in future projects? We'll look at products and discuss techniques for taming the data beast.
- PLM - What exactly is PLM? Ask ten vendors and you're likely to get ten answers. We'll sort through what PLM is today and what it is envisioned to be in the future.
- Collaboration - It's said that "no man is an island," but many of us continue to work virtually alone, despite the availability of capable collaboration tools. Is there something inherently deficient with the tools or is it more of a fundamental issue with the human element of collaboration? We'll explore the many possibilities.
- Integrating CAD, CAM, and CAE with the rest of the enterprise - Integrating the digital engineering tools with those used by the rest of an organization has become a more daunting task with each passing year. However, there is hope, and we'll explore some different options and strategies.
- 2D Vs. 3D - The transition from 2D to 3D tools continues, but is far from complete. We'll check in on the progress and monitor it for our readers.
If there is anything you would like to see covered, please don't hesitate to contact me because my "door" is always open. After all, we are here to provide you with the information you need to succeed.
I'll look forward to hearing from you so that we can better serve your needs
--Jeffrey Rowe is Editor/Publisher of MCADCafé and can be reached at Email Contact.