IBSystems Acquires CADalog.com And Strengthens Its Online Engineering Network And Commitment To Its SubscribersIBSystems Inc. announced the addition of the www.CADalog.com e-commerce website to its family of technical web portals after acquiring this asset from IMSI, a publicly traded company (OTCBB:IMSI). This robust and well-established web site includes more than sixty MCAD-related competitively priced software offerings from nineteen companies, such as IMSI's TurboCAD and Actify's SpinFire. In most cases users can opt to download the software and licenses for immediate use, or get the full CD.
David Heller, IBSystems' President, said: "Existing CADalog.com vendors and prospective ones now have the added marketing punch of our www.MCADCafe.com web portal to drive sales to their wares. MCADCafe.com visitors will also benefit from the added resources now available to them."
"We believe that CADalog.com has now found the perfect owner in terms of creating the preeminent CAD product website. With IBSystems' long-standing, respected presence in the CAD community, both CAD product owners and CAD developers will benefit from their marketing prowess," stated Bob Mayer, Executive VP of IMSI.
The sale of the CADalog.com store is a further step in IMSI's desire to focus its online activities on sales and services offered through Houseplans.com and CADsymbols.com .
"We believe that CADalog.com has now found the perfect home in terms of creating a pre-eminent CAD product website. CAD product owners and CAD developers will all benefit from IBSystems' long-standing, respected presence in the CAD community and its marketing prowess," stated Bob Mayer, Executive VP of IMSI. "IMSI will continue to own and use the CAD symbols content that came with our original acquisition of CADalog.com in our subscription website, CADsymbols.com ," added Mayer.
To learn more about selling your software on CADalog.com and having it promoted on MCADCafe.com please call 408-850-9201 or send email to Email Contact.
This is the first of several acquisition announcements that IBSystems will be making over the next few weeks. Starting with CADalog.com, these acquisitions will benefit our subscribers by offering products and services that are not offered elsewhere. The acquisitions also point to the fact that MCADCafi is further strengthening its position and dedication exclusively to mechanical design, engineering, and manufacturing. The diverse acquisitions also will assist our subscribers add to their bottom lines through optimizing the mechanical CAD, CAM, and CAE applications currently installed or soon to be acquired, such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, TurboCAD, etc.
CADalog.com is a unique e-superstore for a wide variety of add-ins, plugins, All products are offered at discounted prices as compared with their retail price. The range of capabilities of these products is quite extensive - from parts libraries to animation to photorealistic rendering to programming and beyond. There is something for just about everybody for optimizing specific CAD software applications and streamlining mechanical design/engineering processes. Several computer-based training (CBT) courses are offered for general and specialized CAD applications. There are also full versions of standalone CAD and CAD-related products offered, as well.
Also on the CADalog.com site are direct support links to all of the vendors with products offered on the site.
Over the coming weeks and months, we will be taking a closer, hands-on look at several of the products offered on CADalog.com. These short reviews will provide you with insight into their capabilities, how they function, and how they might fit into your business.
Jeffrey Rowe is the editor and publisher of MCADCafé and MCAD Weekly Review. He can be reached here or 408.850.9230.
This WeekTop Stories
- IBSystems Acquires CADalog.com Bolstering its On-Line Engineering Network
- IMSI Announces Sale of CADalog.com To IBSystems
- CoCreate Software Releases OneSpace Designer Modeling 2005
- Spatial Announces R14 Release Of 3D Modeling And Data Interoperability Products
- Small-To-Medium-Sized Manufacturing Companies Can Compete In Global Marketplace With Innovative Approach To Design From Kubotek
- SolidWorks And COSMOS Software Help Deliver Secure, Private, Independent Voting For Disabled Americans
- NASCAR Adopts Delcam's PowerINSPECT
- MAN Nutzfahrzeuge Group Germany Improves CAE Processes With Virtual Product Development Tools From MSC.Software
- ALGOR And FatigueWizard Partner To Offer Easy-to-Use Fatigue Analysis
- Fluent Streamlines Business Flow With ImageNow
- MCG Signs Master Distribution Agreement With ImpactXoft
- Delcam To Show Five-Axis And High-Speed Machining Techniques In Thailand
- EDS Postpones Earnings Announcement
- VectorWorks 11 Partners with VisualMill
- Lattice3D Expands Presence In Europe By Adding New Resellers
- Delcam Granted Patent For High-Speed, High-Efficiency Machining
- ANSYS Announces Strong Revenue And Earnings Growth
- Lattice3D Wins The Great Ideas Competition 2004
- DCS Releases Next Generation Of GDM-3D Graphical Data Management Reporting Software
- 3D Systems Announces Net Income For Q3 2004
- MatrixOne Releases Synchronicity Developer Suite V4.1
- Delcam, DMG and Sandvik to bring new technology to mould and die industry
- ESI GROUP Announces Visual-Crash For PAM
- New Kubotek KeyCreator Software Empowers Product Designers and Manufacturing Engineers
- Theorem Reduces Prices For Online Translation Services
- Research and Markets: In 2001 The Worldwide Semiconductor Market Dropped By 32 Percent And The Automotive Semiconductor Market By Only 1 Percent
- FANUC Robotics America Sponsors "Save Your Factory" Initiative
- Leading Companies Improve Product Innovation With SAP
- ENGINEERING.com Prepares Students For Careers In Product Design With PLM Solutions From IBM and Dassault Systhmes
- Blue Ridge Numerics Makes Inc. 500 For Second Consecutive Year
- AIAG Educates Automotive Industry On RFID Implementation And Applications
- Oracle To Unveil New Transportation Planning Application
- Altair Engineering Unveils Radical STREET Ford Focus Concept Vehicle
- .The Ultimate Educator.s Choice. Catalog Now Available From Tech Ed Concepts
- EVOQE Announces .solidThinking Techniques. Book
- WEATHER GUARD Vehicle Solutions Software From Knaack Manufacturing Lets Users Create And Visualize Custom Van Designs Before Purchase
- PLM Hits The Big Screen
- Synergis Software And CADALYST.S Robert Green Co-Host Free Webcast On File Management For SolidWorks And Inventor Users
- 3D Systems To Present At AeA Classic Financial Conference
- Autodesk Extends Invitation To Join Its Q3 Fiscal 2005 Financial Results Conference Call
- Moldflow Executives to Present at the 34th Annual AeA Classic
- Medical Device Manufacturing Challenges To Be Addressed By Device Leaders At Industry Conference