PTC Introduces Product Configuration And Data Management Template For The Medical Device IndustryPTC announced the general availability of the PTC Medical Device Template, combining leading, industry specific capability and consulting expertise. Built on top of Windchill PDMLink, this packaged services offering, meets the unique needs of the medical device and equipment industry for improving time-to-market while satisfying complex FDA regulations, lowering regulatory compliance costs and reducing the time needed to obtain regulatory approval.
Innovative medical device and equipment manufacturers are faced with shortening product lifecycles that require faster product development. In addition, these medical device and equipment manufacturers are challenged by the increase in regulations requiring electronic data management, electronic signatures, secure user authentication and traceability. Because of these challenges, there is an emerging industry-wide requirement to fully automate the control of all product data and development processes, within robust and compliant quality systems. PTC now provides an easy-to-adopt solution that enables medical device and equipment manufacturers to drive product innovation, manage key product development processes, and comply with regulatory codes relating to data integrity requirements and Quality System Regulation (QSR) governing manufacturing process controls.
With the PTC Medical Device Template, PTC now offers:
- Data control of all electronic records with complete traceability
- Global scalability for the extended supply chain
- User authenticated electronic signature with document and process traceability
- Streamlined change management process
With the PTC Medical Device Template, customers are able to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Reporting functionality meeting the demands of audit requests
- Data collection support critical to design and delivery: Design History File (DHF), Device Master Record (DMR), Device History Record (DHR)
- Process control with workflow for Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA)
PTC solutions for medical products are designed to meet the product lifecycle management requirements of medical device, pharmaceutical, and medical equipment manufacturers. These solutions include product development process and data management, electronic verification and collaboration, authenticated electronic signatures and 3D mechanical design. PTC has over 500 medical products customers, including the top manufacturers across the globe.
This announcement concerning medical product development comes on the heels and just a few weeks after a similar initiative was announced by PTC for the aerospace and defense industry. The template concept that PTC is putting forth would probably work well in any industry that is heavily regulated and where compliance and traceability are key business issues.
This PDMLink template/module concept could work at just about any company, regardless of particular industry, that has to deal with information that is disconnected and spread across many organizations, making configuration management of their products a laborious, error-prone and time-intensive process.
PDMLink is a Web-based product that sits on top of PTC's Windchill. It's main functions are capturing and controlling data associated with a product at any time in its lifecycle. PDMLink has always incorporated product templates for organizing product-related data to corporate standard, so the medical device template is just a natural extension of capabilities that have been around since the beginning. It can be integrated with virtually any MCAD product, including Pro/ENGINEER, SolidWorks, UGS NX, CATIA, AutoCAD, and Inventor. PDMLink is used primarily in the following four processes:
- Product data management
- Change management
- Configuration management
- Release to manufacturing
Jeffrey Rowe is the editor and publisher of MCADCafé and MCAD Weekly Review. He can be reached here or 408.850.9230.
This WeekTop Stories
- Building Block Software Releases Free Source Edition Of CAD/CAM/CNC Developers Kits
- COMMENTARY: MCAD Industry View - A February 2005 Update
- Leading European TV Component Manufacturer Standardizes On SolidWorks
- RuleStream To Demonstrate Rules-Driven Technology At National Manufacturing Week 2005
- CoCreate Joins Microsoft's Program For Collaborative Product Development
- Siemens Transportation Optimizes Maintenance Programs With DELMIA QUEST
- Agile Unveils Next Generation PLM Solution For Complex Engineering Manufacturers
- INCAT Will Supply iCHECK To Major Aerospace, Automotive, And Defense Manufacturers
- Mitsubishi Implements MachineWorks
- India's Leading Glass Container Manufacturer Chooses SolidWorks
- PTC To Showcase Customer Success And Industry Vision At National Manufacturing Week 2005
- IronCAD's Joint Venture Partner CAXA Wins Major Chinese Information Industry Awards for 2005
- Cadopolis.com Introduces CAD Script Generator
- Actify To Make Major Announcements At National Manufacturing Week
- Delcam To Conduct 3D Mold Design Workshop At PDM Show
- Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite 12 Introduced
- CoCreate Adds Lattice3D To Growing List Of Viewing Formats
- Delcam To Show On-Machine Verification On Mazak Machine At Eurostampi
- Informative Graphics Extends Microsoft SharePoint Collaboration
- Geomagic eShell Adds Features To Improve Hearing Instrument Form, Fit, And Function
- Surfware Launches SURFCAM Australasia
- Cimatron Ltd. Reports Q4 And Full-Year 2004 Results
- Adobe And HP Team To Improve Collaboration For Technical Professionals
- Lean Manufacturing Training from Brookline Company Helps Local Industry Compete
- Korean Electronics Manufacturer Enhances Global Competitiveness With Upgrade To McDATA Directors And Management Software
- Oracle Grid Computing Customers Achieve 150 Percent ROI Savings Over Five Years, According To Study
- Agilent Technologies' VEE Pro Helps T&M World's 2005 Engineer Of The Year Develop Autonomous Motorcycle
- Ballistic Recovery Systems To Be Honored As One Of The Best Of The Best In Aerospace & Technology
- First Robotics Competition To Draw 700 High School Students, 29 Teams
- Shareholder Class Action Filed Against Visteon Corp.
- More Orders For Braintech Vision Guided Robotics Software Through ABB Alliance
- Managing Automation Announces First Annual Progressive Manufacturing Award Winners
- 2005: The Year Of "Automotive Electronic Stability Controls"
- ImpactXoft And RAND Worldwide Host Technology Day At TAFE SA Regency Campus
- Autodesk To Present At Deutsche Bank 2005 Software Conference
- SENSE Holdings And Intier Automotive Closures Inc.To Evaluate Automotive Biometrics
- TDCi Signs On As Master Distributor For ImpactXoft
- Delcam Partner To Highlight Five-Axis And High-Speed Machining At TECMA
- IndustryWeek.com Takes It Up A Notch In Serving Global Manufacturing Sector
- Oracle Database Leads Data Warehouse Pack According To Analyst Survey
- Lockheed Martin Employee Receives Asian American Engineer Of The Year Award
- Autodesk To Present At Lehman Brothers 2005 Global Software, IT Services, And Internet Conference
- Boeing Completes Sale Of Electron Dynamic Devices Inc.
- Cabot Supermetals Opens Thin Films Manufacturing Facility
- World's Business Leaders Agree Size Will Still Matter In 2010
- IAV Automotive Engineering Inc. Awarded Subcontract Through Caterpillar Inc. To Support DoE Contract
- 3D Systems Appoints Cary Love To VP Of Global 3-D Printing
- GiveMePower Corp. Announces Changes To Board Of Directors
- iRobot Appoints Two Former Senior Ranking Military Personnel; Expands Government & Industrial Robotics Division
- Elysium Hires Todd Weiss As Director Of Strategic Accounts