CAMBRIDGE, UK – July 13, 2010 – ARM today announced the availability of ARM®
RVDS™ v4.1 and ARM
DSTREAM™ , a high-speed debug and trace unit that enables powerful software debugging. RVDS v4.1 delivers support for the latest ARM processors, new optimizations in its market-leading compilation tools and connection to DSTREAM. ARM RVDS v4.1shortens time to market by providing a fully integrated and validated development environment that enables compilation, debug, and optimization of your software project in the shortest possible time.
RVDS v4.1 Professional Edition extends the most comprehensive development tools for the latest ARM processors, including the Cortex™-M4 and Cortex-A5 (single-core and multicore) processors. RVDS v4.1 Professional provides compiler intrinsics to access the Cortex-M4 processor’s new DSP instructions from C/C++ functions, allowing developers to focus on value-added software rather than details of the processor’s micro-architecture.
Other key features and benefits of RVDS 4.1 include:
- Integrated Real-Time System Models (RTSMs) for the Cortex-M3 and Cortex-A5 processors, enabling software prototyping and development without target hardware.
- Improved floating point and MicroLib libraries increase performance of applications such as motor control.
- More efficient NEON auto-vectorization takes full advantage of the processor’s SIMD engine.
- Memory cost and power consumption are reduced by code size savings of ~5% compared to RVDS v4.0.
RVDS v4.1 supports the new DSTREAM debug and trace unit which delivers a market-leading 2,500 KBytes/s memory download speed, significantly reducing programming times during development.
The flexible architecture of DSTREAM supports a wide range of connector types and interfaces, including JTAG and Serial-Wire Debug at up to 60MHz.
Both RVDS v4.1 and DSTREAM are available now from ARM and your local ARM distributor. Further information can be found on www.arm.com. A full evaluation version of RVDS v4.1 is available for download.
ARM designs the technology that lies at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. ARM’s comprehensive product offering includes 32-bit RISC microprocessors, graphics processors, video engines, enabling software, cell libraries, embedded memories, high-speed connectivity products, peripherals and development tools. Combined with comprehensive design services, training, support and maintenance, and the company’s broad Partner community, they provide a total system solution that offers a fast, reliable path to market for leading electronics companies. Find out more about ARM by following these links:
- ARM website: http://www.arm.com/
- ARM Connected Community: http://cc.arm.com/
- ARM Blogs: http://blogs.arm.com/
- ARMFlix on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ARMflix
- ARM on Twitter:
Tel.: +44 1223 400947
E-mail: Email Contact