This plug-in from Tenko in Norway extends Rhinoceros with structural
modeling and weight calculation.
Give it a try...
Orca3D second WIP announced
Orca3D is a marine design and analysis plug-in for Rhino from the
Advanced Technology Center at DRS C3 Systems, Inc. All Rhino 4.0 users are
invited to try the second Work-in-Progress (WIP) release.
Orca3D currently includes tools for hull modeling and fairing, as well as
intact hydrostatics and stability, and new capabilities will continue to be
added. Current features include:
- Hull Assistants, to instantly create a 3D surface model of a planing,
sailboat, or ship hull. Change parameters, and watch the hull shape and
hydrostatics change in real-time.
- Quick and easy creation of stations, buttocks, and waterlines, and
real-time update of the curves as the hull surface is modified.
- Real-time hydrostatics, so that changes to the hull are instantly
analyzed and displayed for displacement, LCB, waterplane area, and LCF.
- Special "Design" condition for hydrostatics calculations, so that
complete hydrostatics can be computed with a single button click.
- Complete intact Hydrostatics and Stability calculations, at various
- Displacement or Flotation Plane Height
- LCG or Trim Angle
- TCG or Heel Angle
- Range of Heel Angles for Righting Arm calculations
- Output via Microsoft Report Viewer, allowing direct
printing of reports or export to Excel or Adobe Acrobat, as well as
- Corner continuity command, to ensure curvature continuity around the
- One-button click to create a 3-view Lines Plan
- Export of section curves to IDF or PIAS formats
- Hierarchical Layer Tree control, showing the objects in each of the
Are you using all the new Rhino 4.0 features?
If not, check out these
"What's new in 4.0" videos.