(May 2, 2011/Harrisburg, Pa.) GeoDecisions, an information technology company specializing in geospatial solutions, has been awarded a $2.4 million work order from the U.S. Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM) for its patented IRRIS technology. GeoDecisions is in year three of its five-year, $20 million contract with USTRANSCOM for extending IRRIS capabilities to the U.S. Military Surface Deployment Distribution Command (SDDC), the Defense Transportation Tracking System (DTTS), and the USTRANSCOM Defense Courier Directorate (DCD).
This work order will focus on enhancing IRRIS with new capabilities to support the USTRANSCOM and SDDC userbase, including DTTS and DCD. Enhancements include:
- developing additional data-sharing capabilities with support for adding Google Keyhole Markup Language (KML) data
- enabling a drag-and-drop capability for the IRRIS routing interface
- updating various geographic information systems (GIS) data sets
- extending enterprise GIS capabilities to the NIPRNet, the DOD’s unclassified but sensitive Internet Protocol Router Network
- adding additional data feeds to IRRIS.
Further enhancements will include the creation of a mobile application to display and allow input of data into IRRIS and the creation of an animation loop for enhanced weather data.
IRRIS was originally developed for SDDC, a component command of USTRANSCOM, to track, manage, and document the movement of military surface cargo transported throughout the world. Today, the application serves a number of federal and state agencies. For more information, visit www.irris.com.
GeoDecisions’ experienced staff of professional consultants, analysts, and developers support clients worldwide. Fundamental to the company’s award-winning approach is the integration of spatial information to empower existing systems and processes. GeoDecisions’ philosophy is based on an enterprisewide approach to the integration of diverse information technologies, data formats, and systems.
GeoDecisions is ISO 9001:2008 certified.