MIAMI — (BUSINESS WIRE) — February 16, 2011 — NGC® today announced that Valley Manufacturing, a full-package manufacturer of high-quality sportswear and sleepwear for U.S. brands, has implemented NGC's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software to bring new efficiency and productivity to the company’s expanding business. Located in El Salvador, Valley Manufacturing has been managing its supply chain with NGC solutions since 2003. The company wanted to increase operational efficiency throughout its organization, and selected NGC's apparel ERP system to help integrate and consolidate all company departments into a single solution.
NGC's ERP software provides Valley Manufacturing with many significant benefits, including better work flow, higher profitability, reduced costs, superior customer service, improved inventory turns and visibility into the entire enterprise. NGC’s ERP software includes a customizable, configurable EDI system, sophisticated financial accounting, flexible reporting features and other highlights such as:
- Flexible Customer Order Processing: NGC’s ERP enables users to spotlight and report on key indicators specific to any business and project profitability.
- Purchasing: Time-phased raw material requirements lets Valley Manufacturing's users purchase what they need, when they need it.
- Manufacturing/Contractor Management: This feature allows Valley Manufacturing to manage the entire manufacturing process from capacity planning, work order entry and release to factory to inventory control, quality and inbound shipment management and receiving.
- Import Management: With a workflow calendar embedded throughout the system, NGC's ERP helps ensure timely deliveries to Valley Manufacturing's customers while maximizing efficiency and profits.
- Inventory Control: NGC's software allows users to easily see how current inventory and work-in-process will satisfy open orders within specific delivery windows.
- Allocation: Advanced allocation allows users to segregate inventory by warehouse, customer and/or style.
“NGC’s excellent customer service and knowledgeable implementation teams made our decision to move forward with NGC’s new ERP system simple,” said Salvador Llort, executive vice president, Valley Manufacturing. “In working with NGC for over seven years, NGC has proven to be a reliable, highly professional partner, and we look forward to our expanded relationship.”
"Valley Manufacturing has a solid reputation for quality products, and the company has been a loyal customer and friend to NGC for many years,” said Mark Burstein, president of sales and marketing, NGC. "We are excited to continue working with Valley Manufacturing to ensure that they take full advantage of all the benefits of NGC’s ERP system.”
NGC® (New Generation Computing®) is a leading provider of PLM, global sourcing, ERP and compliance and testing solutions for brands, retailers and consumer products companies. NGC helps our customers increase profitability of private-label merchandise, reduce cost of goods sold, improve speed to market and product quality, and manage compliance and testing.
NGC has offices in Miami, New York, Los Angeles, China, India, Mexico, and El Salvador and is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Software Inc. (NASDAQ: AMSWA). For more information, visit www.ngcsoftware.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are subject to substantial risks and uncertainties. There are a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated by statements made herein. These factors include, but are not limited to, changes in general economic conditions, technology and the market for NGC’s (the Company) products and services including economic conditions within the e-commerce markets; the timely availability and market acceptance of these products and services; the effect of competitive products and pricing; the uncertainty of the viability and effectiveness of strategic alliances; and the irregular pattern of the Company's revenues. For further information about risks the Company and American Software could experience as well as other information, please refer to American Software, Inc’s. Form 10-K for the year ended April 30, 2010 and other reports and documents subsequently filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. For more information about risks the Company could face as well as other information, contact Vincent C. Klinges, Chief Financial Officer, American Software, Inc., 470 East Paces Ferry Rd., Atlanta, GA 30305, (404) 261-9777. FAX: (404) 264-5206 INTERNET: http://www.amsoftware.com.
TRADEMARKS: NGC and New Generation Computing are registered trademarks of New Generation Computing.