DUBLIN — (BUSINESS WIRE) — October 20, 2010 — Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7b6039/mastering_mental_r) has announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new book " Mastering Mental Ray: Rendering Techniques for 3D and CAD Professionals" to their offering.
Proven techniques for using mental ray effectively
If you're a busy artist seeking high-end results for your 3D, design, or architecture renders using mental ray, this is the perfect book for you. It distills the highly technical nature of rendering into easy-to-follow steps and tutorials that you can apply immediately to your own projects. The book uses 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design to show the integration with mental ray, but users of any 3D or CAD software can learn valuable techniques for incorporating mental ray into their pipelines.
- Takes you under the hood of mental ray, a stand-alone or bundled product that is often used with 3D or CAD software in the creation of movies, games, architectural renders, and television
- Focuses on only the most pertinent tools and techniques for busy professionals who need to quickly apply them on the job
- Provides compelling, practical tutorials so you can start incorporating mental ray into your own production pipelines
- Includes a DVD with step-by-step videos to help drive home concepts and techniques
Learn effective mental ray techniques with this great guide, then keep this practical book at your workstation for reference while you work!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Key Topics Covered:
- Chapter 1:mental ray Essentials.
- Chapter 2:Materials and Maps.
- Chapter 3:Light, Shadow, and Exposure Control.
- Chapter 4:Rendering.
- Chapter 5:Indirect Illumination and Final Gather.
- Chapter 6:Global Illumination and Caustics.
- Chapter 7:Importons and Irradiance Particles.
- Chapter 8:Effects.
- Chapter 9:mental ray for Architecture.
- Chapter 10:mental ray for Design.
- Appendix A:The Bottom Line.
- Chapter 1 mental ray Essentials.
- Chapter 2 Materials and Maps.
- Chapter 3 Light, Shadow, and Exposure Control.
- Chapter 5 Indirect Illumination and Final Gather.
- Chapter 6 Global Illumination and Caustics.
- Chapter 7 Importons and Irradiance Particles.
- Chapter 8 Effects.
- Chapter 9 mental ray for Architecture.
- Chapter 10 mental ray for Design.
- Appendix B:About the Companion DVD.
- What You'll Find on the DVD.
- 3ds Max Design 2009.
- 3ds Max Design 2010.
- Bonus Videos.
- White Papers.
- System Requirements.
- Using the DVD.
- Customer Care.
Jennifer O'Connor is an accomplished visual design artist, instructor, speaker, and expert on mental ray and 3ds Max. She is the founder and President of 4D Artists Inc., a 3D rendering and animation company. She is an Adjunct Professor of 3D Rendering, Animation, and Architectural Illustration at the College of Lake County, Illinois. Jennifer has been working with CAD software since 1985 and 3D software since 1992, on projects ranging from museum animations and tropical islands to product visualization
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7b6039/mastering_mental_r
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716