Regd. office: Plant 6 Pirojshanagar
Vikhroli (West) Mumbai 400 079 India
Tel + 91.22.67056500
Fax + 91.22.67056891
For Immediate Release
Geometric releases DFMPro version 2.2 for Pro/ENGINEER®
Includes support for Wildfire 5 and Windows® 7
Mumbai, India, August 12, 2010: Geometric Limited (BSE: 532312, NSE: GEOMETRIC), a leader in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Engineering Services and Offshore Product Development (OPD) solutions and technologies, today announced the release of Version 2.2 of DFMPro for Pro/ENGINEER that supports Wildfire 5.0 and Windows 7 .
DFMPro is a novel, automated design for manufacturing (DFM) review tool, that facilitates upstream manufacturability validation and identification of areas in design that are difficult, expensive or impossible to manufacture. It allows quick and in-depth examination of product manufacturability through advanced design rules for manufacturing processes like milling, drilling, turning, sheet metal fabrication, and injection molding.
Version 2.2 of DFMPro for Pro/ENGINEER improves the scope and ease of automated manufacturability analysis with the following new features:
• The new Injection Molding rules include checks for adequate hole spacing, appropriate drafts and fillet radii for ribs, boss height, and OD/ID ratio, among others. These have been derived from well-known industry-accepted best practices.
• A new functionality, to export and import analysis results, allows users to save the DFMPro analysis, and view it at their convenience; and also to share the analysis results with other DFMPro users.
• The batch mode of DFMPro includes support to generate the exported results – An automated system directly emails the results for further analysis and action. Users can directly view the results without re-executing DFMPro analysis.
• Advanced report generation functionality with 3D interactivity - This report can be shared with other users for further review and additional collaboration.
Organizations can further reduce their design-manufacturing iterations by adopting the newly provided injection molding rules. The export-import functionality combined with the batch mode operation helps CAD administrators deploy DFMPro as an offline manufacturability analysis tool, reporting problems (failed analysis results) to users as and when they occur. Users can directly open the analysis results, correct and recheck-in the designs. These features help bring in additional discipline and provide productivity improvements for DFM initiatives of an organization.
Some benefits of DFMPro include:
• Facilitates early detection and rectification of design problems affecting manufacturing
• Automates the manufacturability review process
• Allows easier and faster collaboration on manufacturability of designs
• Reduces repetitive design iterations and ‘Engineering Change’ requests by taking into account manufacturing considerations during design
• Enables manufacturability knowledge capture and reuse with its scalable framework
For further details and your free 15-day trial version, please visit:
www.geometricglobal.com) is a specialist in the domain of engineering solutions, services and technologies. Its portfolio of Global Engineering services and Digital Technology solutions for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) enables companies to formulate, implement, and execute global engineering and manufacturing strategies aimed at achieving greater efficiencies in the product realization lifecycle.
Headquartered in Mumbai, India, Geometric was incorporated in 1994 and is listed on the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges. The company recorded consolidated revenues of Rupees 5.12 billion (US Dollars 108.1 million) for the year ended March 2010. It employs close to 3000 people across 11 global delivery locations in the US, France, Romania, India, and China. Geometric is assessed at SEI CMMI Level 5 for its software services and ISO 9001:2000 certified for engineering operations.
Geometric’s Desktop Products and Technologies (DPT) business develops cutting-edge point productivity solutions that enhance design and improve manufacturing operations. The end-user products from Geometric include CAMWorks®, eDrawings® Publisher, DFMPro, GeomCaliper® and 3DPaintBrush™. The key technologies from Geometric are NestLib®, Feature Recognition (FR), GeomDiff and 3DSearchIT®. Geometric licenses these technologies to OEM partners and also designs and implements customized process solutions using these technologies for industrial customers.
For further details about Geometric’s DPT business, please visit
www.geometricglobal.com/products or call +1.480.222.2255
The copyright/ trademarks of all products referenced herein are held by their respective companies.
For more information, please contact:
Media Contact Tech Contact
Kavita Karnani +1.480.222.2256