January 15, 2010 - RP Tooling Ltd is a modern, highly efficient toolmaking company based in the heart of the West Midlands, UK. RP Tooling specialise in the manufacture of investment tools, injection mould tools, component manufacture and rapid tooling for a wide variety of industries including aerospace, automotive and commercial markets.
Shorter lead times were required to remain competitive in the manufacturing industry, especially against low cost production offered from toolmakers over-seas. At the same time RP Tooling needed to ensure that they maintained their established reputation for quality.
RP Tooling decided to purchase NCG CAM software. Since implementing NCG CAM, RP Tooling have seen the following results:
- 50% savings on programming and machining time has doubled their CNC machining capacity.
- Increased profits as a result of reduced processing time and machining errors being reduced to a minimum.
- Able to provide customers with more comprehensive machining solutions.
- Able to easily add-on full simultaneous 5-axis option to NCG CAM later on, when a 5-axis CNC machine is purchased.
“Our philosophy of providing toolmaking excellence applies right the way through the process from design to final tool delivery, supported in no small way by our experienced personnel.“
"Automated production scheduling, data management and integrated CAD/CAM/CNC systems including NCG CAM backed by high-end IT, allows for efficient tool manufacture, giving our customers the best possible value.” Says Brett Mitchell, Director RP Tooling Ltd.
About NCG CAM Standalone 3D HSM CAM Software
NCG CAM HSM CAM software is an easy to use stand-alone CAM system that integrates with existing CAD and CAM systems.
NCG CAM boasts many innovative features. It is suitable for all types of forms, creating an optimised, smooth cutter motion for 3D HSM machining, while helping to extend tool life, minimising wear on the machine tool and producing parts with excellent surface finish.
NCG CAM has a very user-friendly interface, with a typical learning curve of just 1 day required to machine a live job. It is perfect for the high-speed machining of moulds, dies, prototypes and precision surface machining.
• Very user friendly interface – making it suitable for even occasional users
• NCG CAM offers many advanced 3D machining routines, rest roughing & 3 + 2 capabilities for all toolpaths, simultaneous 5- axis add-on module available
• Fast and efficient roughing strategies, including core roughing
• Advanced drilling routines – includes automatic hole detection and / or user defined holes
• All machining routines are fully gouge protected for both the cutter and the tool holder
• Rest area option for finishing strategies to minimise any air cutting
– Stand alone CAM software that is compatible with ANY other CAD package
– Extremely easy to use with just 1 day training required to machine a live job
– Ideal for shop-floor programming
– All post-processors are written in-house
– Powerful 3D machining
– Toolpaths optimised for HSM machining
• Increased efficiency
• Reduced wear on machine
• Extended tooling life
– Saves time and money !!
A demonstration version of NCG CAM software, is available to download - http://www.ncgcam.com/demorequest.html . The demonstration version of NCG CAM has unlimited usage and while there are restrictions to the machining output, it can also be used in its basic form as a FREE .iges viewer.
About NCG CAM Solutions Ltd
Established in Cambridge, UK, NCG CAM Solutions Ltd provides CAM software solutions, offering all the tools needed to manufacture prototypes, models, moulds, dies, patterns and finished products. Our specialist area is 3D HSM CAM with our product NCG CAM.
All of our staff have a wealth of CAM experience, having worked in the CADCAM and engineering industry for many, many years. This includes our support team who have actually worked on the shop-floor using CAM software on live jobs, so are able to provide an excellent back up and support service for the software.
Since establishing in June 2009, NCG CAM Solutions Ltd have a rapidly growing global reseller base, with resellers for NCG CAM in UK, Germany, Italy, Benelux, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia, Turkey, Greece, Middle East, India, Russia, China, Japan, Korea, Australia, Mexico and across USA.
To contact a reseller or to download the demonstration version of NCG CAM, visit www.ncgcam.com . Alternatively contact Estelle Dunsmuir for more information – Email Contact or call +44 (0)1223 863911 / +44 (0)1353 699840.
NCG CAM Solutions Ltd, Silverwood Lodge, Ely Road, Waterbeach, Cambridge, CB25 9NN, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 863911 / +44 (0)1353 699840
Website: www.ncgcam.com / Email: Email Contact
Contact: Mrs Estelle Dunsmuir, Distribution & Marketing Manager