Ron Weavil, Revware, Inc.
RALEIGH, NC - May 29, 2003 - Revware inc. today announced the release of their latest version of RevWorks CAD-Driven Reverse Engineering software. RevWorks 2003 incorporates many new features, support for the latest 3D digitizers, and integration with SolidWorks versions SolidWorks 2003 and 2001 Plus. Among other new capabilities, RevWorks 2003 expands the ability of its users to measure parts much larger than the the normal reach of their digitizing device with the new Alignment Manager. The Alignment Manager allows the creation of leap sets which permit the digitizer to be moved between stations surrounding a larger object. This latest version of RevWorks also supports all of the newly released digitizing arms from Romer, Immersion and FARO. RevWorks helps reduce product development time and increases the accuracy of production model development by linking SolidWorks users with a variety of 3D digitizers and coordinate measuring machines (CMMs). By providing users with real-time collection of part data and the immediate display of features such as surface patches, RevWorks is the CAD-Driven Reverse Engineering tool of choice among SolidWorks users.
RevWorks 2003 vp1 includes:
- New Alignment Manager for creating datums, leapsets and origins. You can dynamically change between datums while digitizing. Alignment files can be stored for later reuse.
- Updated Probe Manager - graphical interface for standard and custom probes.
- Dynamic graphical status indicators on toolbar display real-time system status.
- New independent, resizable position display window allows the user to display any of the x, y or z active coordinates at any size in its own docking tool bar.
- New plane creation method: digitize a parallel plane from model face.
- On-screen cursor displays probe motions with Revware Sketch Tracking technology.
- Many new keyboard shorts added.
- A new profile feature type which creates tangent lines and arcs.
- Increased data collection speed.
- Smoother operating cursor.
- Support for the newest digitizing arms including the Romer Stinger, Immersion MicroScribe G2 series and FARO Platinum and Titanium digitizing arms.
"This is by far the best version of RevWorks ever released," says Dave Dobbins of Digitrac Solutions.
To learn more about Revware products and test drive the NEW FARO Platinum arm, visit the Revware web site or contact your Revware or SolidWorks reseller.
Availability and Pricing
The RevWorks 2003 is now shipping to all RevWorks subscription service customers. Existing customers can also download the software from the RevWorks customer support ftp site. Contact Revware or your Revware or SolidWorks reseller for pricing information.
Founded in 1992, Revware is a private company with its headquarters in Raleigh, NC. The company's mission is to develop software applications that help design engineers streamline the reverse engineering process. Revware is an industry leader and a pioneer in the field of CAD-based reverse engineering. RevWorks is an original SolidWorks Gold Partner application is sold through authorized SolidWorks resellers, system integrators, and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). For more information about Revware, Inc., call 919-790-0000 or visit us at: http://www.revworks.com.