Metris Scan 3.0 offers more flexibility, higher productivity, enhanced accuracy and improved ease of use. Optimized scanning and extended automation tools increase the overall productivity and ease of use. Users will also highly appreciate the automated probe qualification and the localization in different reference languages.
In order to provide the best scanning solutions for its customers Metris continuously develops and manufactures both laser scanner hardware and software. With the release of Scan 3.0 Metris confirms their leadership bringing the integration of software, laser scanner and CMM hardware to an unprecedented high level.
Key features and benefits of Metris Scan 3.0
Integration with CMM's
- Scan 3.0 is now available for Mitutoyo (PICS and other), Mora and Wenzel CMM's
- The Scan 3.0 release for Brown & Sharpe, DEA, Coord3, Dukin, LK, Metrolog, Renishaw, Zeiss and ZettMess is currently being certified and will be available in the near future.
- The user can now import alignments made with a tactile probe and use this alignment to transform the optical data into the correct coordinate system
- Faster response time during scanning
- Back and forth (2-way) scanning instead of 1-way scanning
- Increased macro functionality:
- Macro offset allows to re-run existing macros at a different position than the original position.
- Copying an existing macro for 1 piece enables automated scanning of an array of identical pieces (such as multiple cavity molds)
- Synchronization between scanner and CMM is now possible through the Renishaw defined PICS circuit. The new architecture of the software allows to incorporate error compensation from any CMM
- Real time saturation check of scanner camera enables the user to optimize the quality of scan data
- The new Qualification Manager automates the process of qualifying/calibrating different orientations of the Renishaw PH10 rotational head
- Automated velocity compensation simplifies scanning at different CMM speeds
- Use of multiple reference spheres simplifies qualifications on smaller CMM's
- Preview macro scan helps to determine safe paths for laser and object
- Outputting the scanning data to an unique time stamped file enables automation in downstream inspection applications
- Localization to Japanese, French and German
- Windows 2000 and XP compatible
Metris provides total solutions for 3D digitizing, 3D inspection and Reverse Engineering targeting the automotive and aerospace industry and more specifically the design and manufacturing community.
Metris started as a software company in 1995 with a unique and challenging new paradigm for Computer Aided Inspection and Reverse Engineering. By acquiring and leveraging a German laser scanning company in 1999, Metris moved into the unique position of being the only company providing a total solution including the digitizing hardware and application software. The Metris hardware portfolio now consists of specialized optical probes able to digitize various sized objects using laser light. By acquiring Paraform in 2002, Metris added the market leading Paraform Reverse Engineering solution to its software portfolio. The software solutions now include applications for digitizing, inspection and reverse engineering with a focus on productivity, ease of use and accuracy. These capabilities enable users to optimize their processes, resulting in strategic competitive advantages such as shorter lead times, higher quality levels and lower production costs.
Over the past few years, hundreds of customers from all over the world have chosen Metris, maturing the Metris product portfolio. Metris is a fully funded, profitable and fast growing technology company with a strong balance sheet, enabling accelerated growth through mergers and acquisitions. Metris has a clear M&A strategy adding value for Metris customers and shareholders.
Contact Metris Interleuvenlaan 15D 3001 Leuven Belgium Tel: +32 16 74 01 01 Fax: +32 16 74 01 02 Email: Email Contact Web: www.metris.com