TopSolid'Wood is an integrated design, manufacturing and management (CAD/CAM/PDM) software specialized for wood processing. It comprises comprehensive standard components and processes specific to the wood industry. It offers powerful modelling functions, optimised assembly management and facilitated communication with customers and manufacturing.
TopSolid'Wood is completed by TopSolid'WoodCam, an integrated CAM solution which automatically produces the ISO code, via a post processor, to manufacture parts on CNC machinery. A real digital chain exists, therefore, between the design office and the workshop. This prevents numerous potential communication and technical errors and thereby generates considerable time gains.
TopSolid'Wood is currently used by more than 300 customers around the world in such domains as interior design, furniture making, point of sale furnishings, outdoor furnishings, furnishings for boats, aircraft, cars, etc. TopSolid'Wood offers the following advantages for the operator:
- Accuracy of product design - TopSolid'Wood is based on the Parasolid modeller and offers large designing possibilities
- Clarity and accuracy of information for product engineering, manufacturing & assembly
- Ease of communicating design information for customer approval - "We can email designs to our customers who can use the TopSolid'Viewer (free to download on the internet) to view these files." (Files can also be saved and sent in pdf format)
- Ease of product design modification - It is very simple to make modifications at any stage from design to just before the machining of the product. Any modifications are automatically taken into account
- Integrated CAM solution - Design and Manufacturing departments use the same data
- A dedicated solution for the wood industry - TopSolid'Wood has been specifically developed for the wood working industry. This means that it includes specific wood functions used in the industry such as turning, sawing, dadoing, rabbiting, dowelling, edge profiling, rail and stile profiling etc.
- TopSolid'Wood offers "in place design" - This means that many parts can be designed in 1 file as opposed to having to design every part of an assembly in different files and then having to bring all of these files together. Generation of rendered images and exploded views to help your sales department.
- Optimised Assembly Management
- Use of components and standard parts
- Data Management thanks to complete integration with TopSolid'Pdm
TopSolid'Wood 2008 offers the following important improvements:
Higher performance wood design tools:
- New ergonomy for the panel entity
- Multi-component assemblies in 1 single operation
- New propagation mode
- Modification of multi edge shapes
- Interchangeability of moulding, grooving and rabbeting tools in the assembly
More efficient project management:
- Multi attribution of properties
- Improvements in the material configurator
- Codification customisation
More attractive draft generation:
- Wood hatching (solid wood, plywood, Mdf, lumber core…)
- Interrupted view in 2 directions
New 2 ½D machining interface:
- DXF export of the geometry permitting a link with well-known machining software (BiesseWorks, Masterwork, NCHops, …)
TopSolid'WoodCam 2008 offers even greater productivity thanks to the following new functions:
- Drive 5 axes heads for moulding, grooving and rabbeting operations
- Continuous 4-axis machining of non planar lateral faces with aggregates is now possible
- Management and positioning of rails and pods
- New routing lead in and out with ramped cut
Don't miss TopSolid'Wood at IWF Atlanta, 20-23 August, stand 4527.