“The average company spends in excess of $20,000 per month, and takes 6-12 months or more to select a PLM solution. The cost of selecting the wrong solution is much greater.” (source: CIMdata Implementation Survey)
Capitalizing on its extensive experience working with industrial organizations on the implementation of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) technologies, CIMdata has developed the PLM Benefits Appraisal Guide. This guide represents CIMdata’s methodology for identifying the compelling business reasons for investing in PLM. The Guide also provides a cost / benefit model that calculates financial data used for justification and provides the metrics upon which a project can be measured for success.
Why Should You Purchase the PLM Benefits Appraisal Guide?
Implementing a PLM solution has an economic impact on your enterprise. This impact can be positive or negative, strategic and tactical, and will involve a trade-off between quality, time flexibility, and costs. You should examine all these factors, assign values to them, and use them to measure your success with PLM.
The PLM Benefits Appraisal Guide Includes:
- Business performance and opportunities
- Organization operation and communication
- Staff capabilities and performance
- Product service and quality
- Business process support and change
- Cost savings from changing how projects or product developments are executed with PLM
- Savings from reducing the number of product changes made late in the development process (such as during manufacturing)
- Benefits specific to a particular company or operation
- PLM solution acquisition, implementation, and operating costs
- Cost savings summary
- Discounted cash flows
- Net present Value
- Pay-back period
- Internal Rate of Return
- Monthly cost of delaying a PLM implementation
The PLM Benefits Appraisal Guide is available for US $895. A 10% discount applies if you order before 31st December, 2002. Discounts for multiple copies are also available. You may place your order on-line at: www.cimdata.com. You may also call CIMdata at +1 (734) 668-9922.