ATLANTA, GA., October 4, 2001IronCAD, LLC, the innovative design solutions company, today announced IRONCAD 5.0, a new release which incorporates numerous customer-driven features and enhancements. IRONCAD 5.0 is a key component of InnovationSuite (see related announcement today), a fully integrated design and information management environment that encourages creativity, productivity and teamwork.
IRONCAD Version 5.0 is the second major release of the product since IronCAD, LLC became an independent company in March of this year. Continuing the companys focus on providing innovative design solutions that deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction and productivity, it includes new features for 3D modeling, 2D drawing and sheet metal design, plus performance and quality enhancements.
Long time IRONCAD user Peter Reynolds, VP of Engineering, Zoom Technologies, Inc. praises the products benefits: "I cannot speak highly enough about IRONCAD software. I use it for all my conceptual and detail design work and find it robust, full featured, intuitive and extremely productive."
Some of the key performance and general enhancements in IRONCAD 5.0 include:
- Part files that ﾒload on demandﾓ for optimized performance.
- The latest ACIS and Parasolid modeling kernels for optimum model creation capabilities.
- New individual and network software license generation through Electronic License Management Systems via the web or by phone.
- Updated DXF/DWG import/export capabilities for AutoCAD 2000 files.
- Automatic re-linking of files that are relocated between networked drives.
- A new toolbar for selecting and orienting views.
- New Visual Basic automation commands for view creation and scene configuration.
Several of the most requested 3D modeling enhancements include:
- New surface creation options for Sweep, Extrude, and Spin commands.
- New ability to create 3D sweeps.
- Enhanced 3D curve creation and editing.
- New 3D Bill of Materials (BOM) editor to enable the intuitive creation and modification of BOM information from within the modeling environment. The resulting BOM can be displayed and exported to Excel.
- New sheet metal functionality for watertight corner reliefs and enhanced handle control of corners.
In addition, functionality was added to facilitate seamless integration with TEAMVAULT, the newly announced Engineering Data Management (EDM) solution that is part of InnovationSuite (see related announcement, today).
"Weve been paying close attention to the feedback and requests of our installed customers and channel partners," explains Joe Walsh, VP of Sales at IronCAD, LLC. "All the new features in IRONCAD 5.0 reflect our commitment to improving the design productivity of our customers around the world. And now, with the introduction InnovationSuite, these customers can improve productivity even further by managing their data with TEAMVAULT and communicating throughout the design chain with INOVATE."
IRONCADs award winning technology provided the foundation for InnovationSuite, a fully integrated design and information management environment that encourages creativity, productivity and teamwork. It enables small-to-medium sized manufacturers and engineering teams to develop products more quickly, at higher quality standards and lower cost. InnovationSuite was developed to be the most cost effective, flexible and easiest to learn and use design, collaboration and communication environment on the market. InnovationSuite components include TEAMVAULT for Engineering Data Management, INOVATE for 3D design, collaboration and communication and IRONCAD for production solid modeling and detail design.
IRONCAD 5.0 and other InnovationSuite components will begin shipping to customers October 31, 2001.
About IronCAD, LLC
Based in Atlanta, GA, IronCAD, LLC is a leading provider of innovative design solutions that deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction and productivity. Its flagship product family, InnovationSuite, is a fully integrated design and information management environment that encourages creativity, productivity and teamwork with award winning 3D design and collaboration solutions managed through a Web-based Engineering Data Management (EDM) system. Components of InnovationSuite are used by customers throughout the world, including Alcoa, Eastman Kodak, Eaton Corporation, FMC, Greenheck, Intel, Proctor and Gamble, Raytheon, Visteon and Westinghouse. For additional information, please contact IronCAD, LLC at 1-800-339-7304 or www.ironcad.com.