TopSolid'Wood is an integrated design, manufacturing and management (CAD/CAM/PDM) software specialized for wood processing. TopSolid'Wood comprises comprehensive standard components and processes specific to the wood industry. With TopSolid'Wood design and manufacturing departments use the same data, thus avoiding potential errors. TopSolid'Wood offers powerful modelling functions, optimised assembly management and facilitated communication with customers and manufacturing.
TopSolid'Wood 2007 boasts significant improvements to increase productivity in wood design and manufacturing. Here are the major enhancements of the 2007 version:
- The 2007 laminate function was totally rebuilt. This improved function now allows the operator to choose associativity between the base and the laminate. In other words the operator can drill the base and the laminate at the same time and thereby save valuable time.
- Tenon mortise: A new ergonomy enables the operator to choose the direction of the tenon and facilitates the dimensioning of tenons.
- Propagation definition: TopSolid'Wood 2007 offers the possibility to save and reuse propagation models. The function, thereby, enables operators to define propagation characteristics which can be applied to such functions as eccentric joints, dowel joints, biscuit joints and screw joints.
- Panel model: This option integrates an option to save the characteristics of a panel in order to create a new one.
- Edge configuration:
- It is now possible to define codifications depending on the type, thickness, material, coating and height of the edge.
- All overvaluations of parts with one or more edges can be defined automatically depending on the edge's configuration.
- Management of bent parts: TopSolid'Wood 2007 takes into account bent parts in the calculation of finished dimensions and cutting lists.
- 5 axis molding: The operator can now create a molding path in 3D and is, therefore, not restricted to flat faces anymore.
- Grain direction symbol: This new function enables the grain direction to be added on the draft document with a symbol.
- Multi-drafts: You can now create a multi-draft of an assembly into a single document.
- BOMs of several projects: This new mode allows you to create a BOM from several projects without having to create the assembly of these projects.
- Ardis interface: A new interface is available between TopSolid'Wood and Ardis (optimisation and workshop management software)
- New management of tool changers
- Automatic mounting of aggregate tools
- Machining processes easier to personalise than ever