MUMBAI, India, November 16, 2006 - Geometric Software Solutions (Geometric), a leader in product lifecycle management (PLM) services and technologies, today announced the release of GeomCaliper for Pro/ENGINEER version 2.0.
GeomCaliper is an innovative tool for measuring and checking wall thickness of Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3D models. Accessible within a Wildfire session, it provides immediate feedback to designers during the design process. GeomCaliper assists engineers in quickly detecting thin areas in plastic molded components that may result in warps or thick sections in castings that may result in hot spots. It is easy-to-use and requires minimal training to interpret the results. Users commonly save over 75 – 80% of the time spent in thickness analysis. In addition, an innovative visualization process allows the detection of hidden critical regions.
Benefits of GeomCaliper:
- Quick and easy design reviews for manufacturability
- Early analysis and design correction results in improved part quality and downstream cost savings
- Improved design productivity
Key features of GeomCaliper for Pro/ENGINEER version 2.0:
- Ability to cut cross sections and automatically compute thickness
- Improved performance in computation time and peak memory
- 25% faster in loading model in GeomCaliper
- 25% faster in computing thickness
- 10% reduction in peak memory consumption
- Allows the editing of names in critical regions during analysis
- Displays chord distance in sphere method – shows the minimum thickness of model in 3D
GeomCaliper is based on PTC’s Pro/Toolkit and leverages the mature API provided by PTC to 3rd party developers. Wildfire customers will benefit from 3D oriented productivity features such as advanced thickness map display and manipulation.
Other features of GeomCaliper include:
- Easy to locate critical thickness areas
- Advanced visualization mode for easy interpretation of results
- Ability to clip model at any section
- Dynamic thickness display at point click
- Customizable reports in XML /HTML format
GeomCaliper for Pro/ENGINEER supports Wildfire 1, 2 and 3. For detailed product information and a limited period trial version, please visit:
About Geometric Software Solutions
Geometric is a leader in providing the most cost-effective product lifecycle management (PLM) products, technologies, and services to the global mechanical design, manufacturing, and industrial markets. Partnerships with major PLM vendors such as Dassault Systèmes, UGS PLM Solutions, and MatrixOne offer the unique advantage of providing cost effective services on leading PLM platforms. Geometric offers services based on SolidWorks®, CATIA®, ENOVIA, DELMIA, eMatrix, Teamcenter® Enterprise, Windchill®, and other leading CAD/CAM/CAE/PDM software platforms. The company is traded on both the Bombay (BSE) and the National (SE) stock exchanges in India. For more information visit: