TopSolid’Design 2005 offers significant improvements for the design department. The key highlights of the new version are its ergonomics resulting in a more user-friendly module, ability to modify imported parts and various BOM improvements. All of these improvements can also be found in the different TopSolid modules – Mold, Electrode, Progress, Wood, Castor, PunchCut, Cam, Wire and Control.
Developments in TopSolid’Design 2005:
- Context bar – A new context bar has been added which directly activates the tool bar depending on the operation context, i.e, profil, form, surface, cinematics, etc. This also allows the operator choose the context he wants to work in and thus filter the functions which he does not need.
- The edition field of the question bar turns yellow when a shared parameter is edited.
- Compass – A compass has been added to the TopSolid screen. The compass can be moved and allows viewing of the part in all directions: orientation following a direction, centered rotations, rotations following axes, translations.
- Modification of imported parts – TopSolid’2005 now allows operators to directly modify any imported part: translation of coordinate systems, modification of fillets and draughts
- Tolerancing – New tolerance functions allow the operator to obtain directly in 3D the correct tolerances (with an associative 2D link)
- Dynamics – the dynamics function is directly integrated in TopSolid. Mechanisms with constraints can be dynamically simulated. Various forces can be added to the mechanism and the movement can be simulated. For a more in-depth dynamics study the module TopSolid’Motion from Solid Dynamics is available.
- Shape modelization - Bosses with a degree of thickness as well as well as surface pattern making are possible with TopSolid’2005. It is now possible to deform surfaces like with modelling clay.
- Welding process - TopSolid’2005 creates directly in 3D welding back strips while respecting general welding rules such as interrupted back strips, management of borders and corners, etc
- Piping – TopSolid offers a menu of functions specifically adapted to the creation of pipes and electric lines around a machine: assistants for creating paths, insertion of components with automatic healing, creation of several parallel lines, taking security distances into account
- Operators can now attribute their own index references to components. Thus the vice which is used is several parts can always maintain the same index number
- We can modify the index in 2D and the 3D is automatically updated
Missler Software is one of the leading global suppliers of CAD, CAM and ERP solutions. The company’s product lines include TopSolid, TopManufacturing and Goelan. Missler Software offers a uniquely integrated solution for the mechanical engineering industry (general mechanical design, special machinery, tooling, boilerwork) and for sheet metal and wood industries.
Thanks to its advanced technology and its fully integrated solution, Missler Software is experiencing rapid growth in the global CAD/CAM market.
For further information contact Email Contact or visit www.topsolid.com.