April 09, 2014 -- Australian-based software company Debenu has announced the immediate availability of a brand-new rendering engine for displaying and printing PDF files. Debenu PDF Library Renderer (DPLR) works as an add-on to the company’s flagship product, Debenu Quick PDF Library, and its release coincides with an update to that developer library, now in version 10.14.
The add-on will enhance rendering and printing performance, and add support for transparency and shading. By default, this new technology is already built into the recently released Debenu PDF Viewer SDK, a commercial ActiveX control for quickly adding PDF viewing functionality to Windows applications.
Meanwhile, Debenu Quick PDF Library 10.13 and 10.14 features a range of bug fixes and enhancements, along with several new functions.
10.13 and 10.14 release highlights include:
- 52 bug fixes, 11 enhancements and 13 new functions
- Transparent digital signatures images
- New FontMetrics information through two new functions: GetIsEmbedded and GetIsSubsetted
- GetPageList will now process and return Inline images
List of improvements to rendering and printing PDF files
- Full transparency support (transparency groups, soft masks, including all supported blend modes)
- Shading patterns support (function-based shadings, axial shadings, radial shadings, triangle meshes, coons patch meshes, tensor-product patch meshes)
- Tiling patterns support (colored, uncolored)
- Line dash pattern support
- Image handling improvements (images can now be passed to DPLR as a pure data, new image transformation tool)
- Additional image rendering filters (bilinear, bicubic) to improve image anti-aliasing
- PDF functions bug fixes
- All rendering functions now work with the new rendering engine
- The new rendering engine can now be used with printing functions
- Smaller spool sizes when printing
“Taken together, the new functionality available in the new PDF library and PDF rendering engine gives developers unprecedented control over the look-and-feel of their PDF documents,” said Rowan Hanna, Debenu CTO. “Developers can now use Debenu technology to build applications that support the placement of complex, high-impact visual elements.”
Debenu Quick PDF Library 10.14 is freely available to existing customers from the Debenu website. Alternatively, the full version is available for a 30-day trial. The new Debenu PDF Library Renderer add-on can be downloaded separately, and is free for users of Debenu Quick PDF Library.