PHOENIX, AZ –March 7, 2014 – Phoenix Analysis & Design Technologies, Inc. (PADT, Inc.) the Southwest’s largest provider of product development tools and services, is marking its 20th year of business on March 7th, 2014.
After its founding in 1994 by four engineers, the company has grown to over 80 employees who provide products and services for simulation, product development, and rapid manufacturing to companies around the world.
PADT focuses on providing world class engineering consulting as well as sales and support of leading mechanical engineering hardware and software tools from ANSYS, Inc. and Stratasys. Well known Arizona companies like Honeywell, Intel, Raytheon, Freeport-McMoran, Mayo Clinic, Rainbird, WL Gore, Orbital Sciences, SynCardia, and many others count on PADT as a valued partner, helping them meet their engineering outsourcing, prototyping, and software needs.
After reviewing the past twenty years, Ward Rand, one of PADT’s four owners, commented: “When we started PADT, we just wanted to create the type of company that we would want to work for. A place where we could solve difficult engineering problems and apply the latest computer aided engineering tools. Twenty years later we are still eager to come to work, we are still using leading edge tools, and we learn something new every day.”
The company was founded with a basic philosophy that is still in place: establish the highest level of integrity, use the best people, learn your tools inside and out, synergistically combine disciplines, and provide flexible solutions of a higher quality in less time for less money. Another owner, Eric Miller said “We have stuck to those original ideas over the years, and they have served us well. They have allowed us to grow through industry slumps and diversify into business areas we never thought possible.”
Here are some interesting facts about PADT:
- High employee retention, less than 0.5% annual attrition rate.
- Three offices: Headquartered in Tempe, AZ. Sales and Engineering in Littleton, CO, and Albuquerque, NM with telecommuting Employees in Utah, South Carolina, Maine, and Pennsylvania.
- Active Angel Investors with nine investments
- Designs, manufactures, and supports a device for cleaning 3D Printed parts
- Configures, sells, and supports a line of High Performance Computers
- Recipient of thirteen Small Business Innovative Research Grants (SBIRs)
- Running 14 Additive Manufacturing Systems (3D Printers) representing 4 different technologies
- One of the largest privately owned high performance compute clusters in the Southwest with over 2000 cores.
- Owners of a 44,000 sq-ft building in the ASU Research Park
- ISO 13485 Certified group within PADT dedicated to medical device development
- More than 1600 unique customers over the past ten years
- Winner of multiple awards including the 2011 ASU WP Carey Spirit of Enterprise Leadership Award and the 2011 AZ Technology Council Arizona Governor’s Celebration of Innovation Pioneering Award
To celebrate this milestone event, PADT is hosting an anniversary celebration at their Tempe offices:
What: PADT’s 20th Anniversary Party
When: 5:30 – 9:00 PM MST Thursday, April 10, 2014
Who: PADT’s Customers, Vendors, Friends and Family
Where: 7755 S Research Dr, Suite 110, Tempe AZ, 85284
(SW Corner of Elliot and the 101 in the ASU Research Park)
ttendees will be able to meet other members of the extended PADT family, tour PADT’s facilities, and see the labs, hardware, and software that the company uses. Dinner will be served from a local food truck and there will be snacks and beverages available. Some of PADT’s long time partners and the owners of PADT will speak to the expected crowd of 250-350 people.
For more information about PADT’s 20 years of business and the event, visit www.padtinc.com/20 or call 480-813-4884.
To learn more about PADT visit www.padtinc.com