ATLANTA, GA. March 6th, 2013 - IronCAD, LLC, the leading provider of design productivity solutions, officially announced the immediate availability of the IronCAD Design Collaboration Suite 2013 Product Update 1. Working closely with customers, the suite of products has been further enhanced allowing IronCAD to continue offering real productivity gains to customers across the entire product development process.
The IronCAD Design Collaboration Suite is a complete range of products that include IRONCAD, INOVATE, IRONCAD DRAFT, TRANS, and IronCAD's latest product IRONCAD COMPOSE. Using the IronCAD Design Collaboration Suite products, users can leverage 3D within a 2D design process, conceptualize in 3D freely without regard to the modeling feature history order dependencies, interrogate and share designs throughout the enterprise, and can complete full 3D and 2D production designs. Some of the productivity highlights in Product Update 1 include:
* Dynamic Ellipsoid Shape - Using IronCAD's Catalog Drag & Drop Design Methodology, a new building aid has been added that includes both a positive and negative Ellipsoid shape. Users can simply Drag & Drop this shape into a new part design or as a feature of an existing part creating an ellipsoid shape that can by dynamically controlled in size about all three size specifications using IronCAD's IntelliShape(r) Handles. Users can conceptually or precisely size the ellipsoid shape with a few simple edits of the IntelliShape handles reducing the need to create complex loft shapes for an ellipsoid resulting in increased design productivity.
* Reduced File Size for 2D Drawings - 2D technical drawings saved in the ICD format are now approximately 30% smaller in size reducing save times and freeing up disk space. This applies to both newly created drawings and existing drawings when saved in 2013 PU1.
* Sheet Metal Support for Partial Cut Shapes - Sheet Metal design often may require partial stamped features such as engraved text or material reduction areas. IronCAD's Sheet Metal Folded and Unfold operations now support and maintain these partially cut features (features that do not cut through the entire sheet metal part thickness) reducing effort required to define and maintain these areas in detail drawing callouts.
* New Hole Callout Tool - Customers can now manually add hole callout information to any hole geometry in the ICD drawing file. This can apply to IRONCAD's native custom hole features and even to imported or standard hole shapes. Users can quickly callout size and depth information for simple, counterbored, and countersunk holes.
* Hidden Line Control at Part Level in Detailing - New support has been added to allow users the ability to enable hidden line display on specified parts within a detailed drawing view. Previous support allowed hidden line display for all parts with a drawing view requiring additional time hiding undesired lines that may be displayed. This new capability dramatically improves productivity in the detailing by allowing users to quickly create the desired view display visibility directly at the part level.
* Tree Browser Selection for Hide Parts - A tree browser has been added to the hide part capabilities in the detail drawing views to allow precise selection of parts to be hidden or visible. Using this browser, users can increase their productivity by reducing guess work from selecting parts graphically in the 2D projected drawing views of the geometry to using the precise selection of the desired parts to hide within the tree browser. In addition to these productivity improvements, Product Update 1 also includes more than 200 quality improvements in stability and performance. The IronCAD Design Collaboration Suite Product Update 1 is available for immediate download for customers on active Armor Advantage and Software Subscription contracts using the IronCAD customer community.
We are very excited to release this latest product update to our customers to further improve their overall productivity experience," commented Cary O'Connor, IronCAD's VP of Marketing, "By listening to our customer feedback, we have included powerful enhancements such as the new dynamic ellipsoid shape and many detailing features that help to reduce the design time and improve the quality of the Design Collaboration Suite Solution that let our customers continue to see real productivity improvements with our design solutions." he continued.
Based in Atlanta, GA, IronCAD is a leading provider of 3D Design Productivity Solutions that deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction and productivity. Solutions that can be used either standalone or as complimentary collaboration solutions of a broader PLM initiative. Its flagship product IronCAD has won many industry awards for its innovative technology and leads the industry in its ease of use and design productivity. IronCAD products are being used successfully by thousands of customers worldwide. For more information on IronCAD, call 1-800-339-7304 or visit www.ironcad.com