Materialise Releases Magics 9.5
Today’s introduction of Magics 9.5 software, by Materialise, represents another big leap forward. Driven by customer feedback, these latest developments demonstrate once again Materialise’ commitment to providing their users with practical, innovative applications.
Magics offers advanced and highly automated tools for STL manipulation. Using Magics you can interact directly on defective triangles and thus very quickly resolve any errors. It's the only software that is tuned entirely to the needs and characteristics of the Rapid Prototyping, Tooling and Manufacturing processes. Its powerful and efficient 3D tools of enable you to deliver high quality prototypes with the shortest lead times, while providing full documentation.
The key features of Magics 9.5 allow for:
- Automating and simplifying the fixing process of STL models – Use the Fix Wizard to step through the repair process. This clever interface delivers ease-of-use, thorough examination of your 3D model, intelligent advice, highly automated fixing algorithms, and feedback on errors.
- Tailoring the measuring functionality even more closely to customer’s needs – Now also available: measuring wall thickness and measuring using default entities (X – Y – Z planes and axes).
- Generating measurement reports (e.g. for quality control) more easily – Automated document generation incorporates on-screen measurements into a template, customisable to your needs.
- Advanced, flexible manipulation of 3D models – For example: put logos or images on your part easily with the DXF import in the Label function or ease advanced fixing, re-meshing, editing on (a selection of) triangles thanks to the new marking functionality.
The Magics product line provides a comprehensive solution to a variety of processes, from STL handling and rapid prototyping, through optimisation for FEA, to rapid tooling and manufacturing processes. Some of the most significant changes in this new release come in the tooling and STL optimisation related modules. These are the highlights of the enhancements to Magics’ range of modules:
- Import CAD formats faster, including the latest versions of those formats – The import algorithms have significantly been improved, while the most recent Catia and IGES file formats can be imported into Magics, too.Integrate Magics in your business system easily – The new Magics’ ActiveX interface communicates directly with other software (e.g. business and/or quoting system database) so that part properties are filled in automatically. This is real timesaver and eliminates human errors!
- Save time by anticipating the need for electrodes and minimize scrap - The new “Mill analysis” produces clear visuals of areas in the milling process where the use of a certain mill diameter will not result in the exact geometry required.
- Interface easily to CAM for drilling holes – IGES export of the centre points of holes, which offers multiple benefits: you save time as the info is passed on directly to your CAM software; you eliminate human errors that occur when manually inputting the info.
- Further customise the automatic parting plane creation with advanced filling algorithms – A wide range of new and enhanced options allow the creation of parting planes according to specific requirements (related to specific applications).
- Generate comprehensive reports of your electrode design - you can easily import all information from the electrode design into a customisable template and let Magics generate a comprehensive document, complete with illustrations.
- Optimise your surface meshes also locally - This is extremely useful to further refine the surface mesh where necessary to ensure better FEA results. In addition, the improved UI makes working in the Remesh module simpler.
In a nutshell: using Magics 9.5 further cuts time and costs! The world’s most advanced service bureaus and toolmakers, as well as automotive, consumer electronics and aerospace companies, use Magics to gain a clear competitive advantage in today’s tough business environment. The release of Magics 9.5 demonstrates once again that this software provides them with the ideal tool to achieve that goal.
For more information, please visit the company’s web site: http://www.materialise.com
Materialise, with headquarters in Belgium, started in 1990 in the sector of rapid prototyping. Since that time, the company has experienced an exponential growth. Today, its software division develops innovative, industry-leading applications enabling advanced use of rapid prototyping, tooling and manufacturing techniques. Materialise is a trusted software partner worldwide for the leading companies of the automotive, aerospace and consumer electronics industries. Materialise has offices all over the world and the largest software development team in the RP sector.
Be the first to review this article