August 4, 2011 - Thanks again to everyone who attended PlanetPTC Live and to those who completed their event surveys. We had an outstanding response to our survey, with over 45% of the attendees sharing their feedback! PTC and the PTC/USER Board have reviewed all this feedback and are discussing how to continue to evolve and improve these events.
For those of you who were not able to complete the survey, we feel it's important to share with you what your peers had to say. Below are some of the key survey results:
- PlanetPTC Live in Las Vegas attracted 2,000 people; with 1,200 customers in attendance
- 70% of the attendees rated the conference "Excellent" or "Good"
- 39% of the attendees rated "Networking" as the most desirable feature of the event, followed by "Educational Programming" at 36%
- Top reasons for attending this year's event included: getting PTC product updates (69%), hearing from your peers (61%), meeting with PTC experts (58%) and training (46%)
- 37% of attendees did not favor Las Vegas as an event location
- 80% of attendees rated Brian Shepherd's Day 1 Keynote "Excellent" or "Good" while the Day 2 Executive Panel was rated 40% "Satisfactory" or "Fair"
- Major content areas scored well including: customer presentations (70% "Excellent" or "Good"), product roadmaps & updates (73% "Excellent" or "Good"), and PTC University training (68% "Excellent" or "Good")
- Anecdotal and open-ended survey feedback shows we need to continue to improve in these areas:
- Networking: Providing more time for casual networking and more elements of structured networking to find like-minded peers.
- Agenda and scheduling: Better identifying the different session types with more complete information for ease of deciding what to attend.
- Sessions and training: Adding more variety in the types of sessions and how they are presented, including moving away from straight PowerPoint to include more panels and advanced information.
- Content: Pro-active outreach to survey our audience on what types of topics and themes we should cover or add to the agenda.
We are grateful for everyone who filled out a survey or reached out directly to provide suggestions. Gathering and listening to your feedback will help us to deliver more valuable events in the future.
We also want to make sure you take advantage of all the learning and networking opportunities still available to you as an event attendee:
View keynote presentations
You can now review some of PlanetPTC Live's most popular presentations - right from your desktop. Keynote sessions from Monday and Tuesday, recorded live at the event, are available at no cost. Click here to view sessions that include:
- PTC Technology Vision and Strategy Update, presented by Brian Shepherd, Executive Vice President, Product Development, PTC
- PTC Corporate Strategy by Jim Heppelmann, President and CEO, PTC
- Customer Executive Panel Discussion, featuring Jim Heppelmann, President and CEO, PTC; Stephen R. Olive, Raytheon Company; Chuck McAtee, Itron; L. J. (Leslie) Paulson, Caterpillar; and Andre Radon, Continental Automotive GmbH
Access session presentations
By now, we hope that you have taken the opportunity to download the session presentations.
Click here for instructions on how to access these presentations.
If you experience any difficulties with accessing these sessions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the PlanetPTC Live group
Stay connected with fellow attendees and presenters, be among the first to learn about upcoming event details and help shape the program for PlanetPTC Live in Orlando in 2012 as a member of the PlanetPTC Live group. If you haven't joined this group, be sure to do so soon to stay engaged with hundreds of PTC users and PLM experts who can help you do better work throughout the year. If you are already a member, don't forget to post your pressing questions and share suggestions there. Some of you have already sent us your feedback about the Las Vegas event. We appreciate your opinion and we'll make sure we incorporate all your ideas and suggestions in coming events.
Contribute year-round to the well-being of the user community through PTC/USER, Inc. Opportunities for education and collaboration about PTC solutions include the e-mail exploder, Regional User Groups and Technical Committees.
Finally, we have compiled some of the program highlights, attendee feedback and other details about the Vegas event in one handy
recap page. Be sure to visit for information you need to complete trip reports, identify speakers or sessions you found particularly useful, or see what other people are saying about the event.
Questions? Contact PlanetPTC Live.
Once again, thank you for attending PlanetPTC Live 2011. We look forward to seeing you next year (June 3-6) in Orlando, Florida.