The latest MFGWatch survey represents responses from 1171 Supply-side manufacturers, Buy-side OEMs and sourcing professionals throughout North America. Respondents represent an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, medical, industrial equipment, consumer products and textiles.
MFGWatch Survey of European Manufacturers
MFG.com has conducted its first MFGWatch survey of buyer and supplier manufacturers in Europe in the first quarter of 2011. A total of 2,288 manufacturers responded to the survey conducted in April. Highlights include:
- 36% of European buying manufacturers expect to expand the number of captive suppliers eligible to manufacture their products
- An extraordinary 52% experienced significant supply chain disruptions in Q1 ’11
- 36% of both buyer & supplier manufacturing companies added staff in Q1 ’11
- Buyers see Logistics & Shipping Costs (20%), Product Quality Compliance (19%) and Availability of Competent Suppliers (17%) as the 3 greatest risks to their supply chain strategies
- 14% of buyers returned production closer to Europe from a low cost country, while 19% report they will be researching similar strategies in the coming months. 31% say they are examining moving or establishing production closer to or within markets of consumption
- 21% of buyers say their supply chain strategies were impacted by the Japanese tragedies
- 57% of supplier manufacturers saw their businesses grow in Q1 ’11, and 53% have seen an increase in inquiries from customers and/or prospects
MFG.com is the largest global sourcing marketplace for the manufacturing industry. MFG.com's platform enables companies to intelligently connect, source, collaborate and perform due diligence with transparency and intellectual property protection. It supports virtually all manufacturing process and industrial components, is in seven major languages, more than 50 currencies and has more than 200,000 members on five continents. MFG.com is based in Atlanta and has offices in Shanghai, Geneva, and Paris. For more information: www.MFG.com.
MFG.com has recast its MFGWatch survey as a quarterly snapshot of the North American manufacturing ecosystem. MFGWatch is based on separate but correlative input from the online marketplace’s membership of manufacturing Buyers and their suppliers. For graphics and a complete report for downloading, visit www.MFG.com/en/mfgwatch.
Britni Zandbergen, 770-444-9686