The company had a total employee strength of 3905 employees as of March 31, 2011, including its subsidiaries.
On declaring the results, Mr. Manu Parpia, Managing Director & CEO said, “The results of FY11 have been exceptional. They reflect the growing demand for our solutions and services, which we see continuing for the foreseeable future. The focus of the coming year will be improvement in margins, especially as the tax holiday is over. Therefore, our efforts will be directed at ensuring we continue to grow revenues and simultaneously improve our margins.”
“At the moment the company is not in a position to provide a guidance for the next year. However, revenue is expected to be flat or slightly lower when compared to the previous quarter due to delays in commencing projects. As the company proposes salary increase in line with market conditions, we expect pressure on margins in the first quarter”, he added.
Key wins and additional business highlights for Q4 FY11
The company added 5 new customers during Q4, and 33 new customers during the year; taking the total number of active customers to 100. Some of the significant wins in this quarter are:
· A multiyear contract for development and maintenance of CAD/DMU & PLM for an aerospace major
· A Greenfield Oracle Agile PLM implementation program for a leading Indian pharmaceuticals company
· Offshore-based AMS services on Teamcenter for a leading oilfield products and services company in the US
· Development of an integrated manufacturing process planning application for a global leader in construction and off-highway equipment
· A large software product development project for a leading machine tools manufacturer in Europe. Project won after successful completion of a solution definition and design consulting engagement with the same customer
· An annual contract for press tool design services for a leading European industrial equipment manufacturer
Other important business highlights for the quarter include:
- NASSCOM IT Innovators 2011 recognition for the fourth consecutive year for a design process innovation
- Opening of the first Canadian office in Montreal
- Release of version 8.0 of eDrawings Professional for Pro/ENGINEER, RapidFire Lite, Solid Edge and Google SketchUp
Geometric is a specialist in the domain of engineering solutions, services and technologies. Its portfolio of Global Engineering services and Digital Technology solutions for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) enables companies to formulate, implement, and execute global engineering and manufacturing strategies aimed at achieving greater efficiencies in the product realization lifecycle.
Headquartered in Mumbai, India, Geometric was incorporated in 1994 and is listed on the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges. The company recorded consolidated revenues of Rupees 6.21 billion (US Dollars 136.47 million) for the year ended March 2011. It employs over 3900 people across 10 global delivery locations in the US, Romania, India, and China. Geometric was assessed as CMMI 1.1 Level 5 for its software services and is ISO 9001:2008 certified for engineering operations. The company’s operations are also ISO 27001:2005 certified.
The copyright/ trademarks of all products referenced herein are held by their respective companies.
For more information, please contact: