"SpaceClaim software is enabling a fundamental shift in large engineering organizations," said Chris Randles, SpaceClaim President and CEO. "We are enabling cross-functional engineering teams to rapidly develop and test new 3D product concepts before committing to costly and expensive detailed design in CAD. While release to CAD is still the usual last step before manufacturing, SpaceClaim is allowing teams to explore and make vital design decisions quicker, faster and with a lower total cost-of-ownership. Engineers are finding that SpaceClaim's 3D Direct Modeling software is fast, flexible, and CAD-neutral -- most importantly, our engineering users are reporting that it is much easier to learn and use than traditional CAD tools. These customer outcomes fueled our very rapid growth in 2010, which was another record year for us. We anticipate similar growth trends in 2011 as we continue to attract more customers, OEMs and resellers."
With SpaceClaim's ease of use, flexibility, and compatibility with traditional CAD products, customer sales and engineering teams are leveraging 3D to solve business, engineering and geometry problems. Highlights of 2010 included:
- A 40% year-over-year increase in new customers;
- An OEM agreement with $2.1 billion global manufacturer TRUMPF to make SpaceClaim Engineer as the 3D direct modeling solution for its customers;
- An enhanced version of the ANSYS SpaceClaim Direct Modeler software, the result of an OEM agreement with ANSYS announced in 2009. ANSYS is the world's largest engineering simulation technology company;
- Expansion of the global reseller network;
- The sixth release of SpaceClaim's ground-breaking software, meeting the needs of large manufacturers with new levels of design flexibility and strengthened sheet metal capabilities. (The seventh release, SpaceClaim 2011, was released in January of 2011);
- Designation by Gartner, Inc. as a "Cool Vendor" in product design and lifecycle management.
SpaceClaim is the first software tool designed to enable 3D engineering outside of traditional CAD. By communicating in 3D prior to release to CAD, engineers can capture knowledge that drives better design decisions, focus on value and eliminate unnecessary specifications, and move the design to CAD only when success is assured. Engineering-driven product development with SpaceClaim shortens time-to-market, creates stronger innovation, and improves customer satisfaction.
About SpaceClaim Corporation
SpaceClaim enables global engineering and manufacturing organizations to leverage 3D design to innovate, win more business, and get products to market faster. Engineers can rapidly create new designs as well as manipulate and simplify 2D and 3D CAD data, regardless of origin and without the complexity of traditional CAD. Customers include Nokia Siemens Networks, Tyco Electronics, BorgWarner, Medtronic, Lotus Cars, Sharp, LG Electronics, K2 Medical Systems, FuelCell Energy, Emhart Glass, GE Aviation, General Dynamics, and the U.S Navy. SpaceClaim is privately held and backed by Borealis Ventures, Kodiak Venture Partners, and North Bridge Venture Partners. For more information on SpaceClaim, please visit www.spaceclaim.com.
Contact: Barb Ewen CHEN PR (781) 672-3114 Email Contact Bernie Buelow SpaceClaim Corporation (978) 482-2211 Email Contact