New Task-based, Document-centric Calculations Environment Improves Personal and Engineering Process Productivity
NEEDHAM, Mass. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — January 10, 2011 — PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC), the Product Development Company®, today announced Mathcad® Prime™ 1.0, the next generation of the company’s best-in-class engineering calculation software. The powerful capabilities of Mathcad coupled with its open architecture and easy-to-use live mathematical notation functionality allow engineers and organizations to streamline critical design processes. Mathcad Prime 1.0 delivers a new tasked-based user interface - enabling engineers to focus on developing engineering calculations rather than formatting design documents.
“The tutorials [in Mathcad Prime 1.0] are simply brilliant … They are
easy to follow and quickly provide relevant information about the
software. The new matrix selection and setup is vastly superior to the
previous Mathcad releases. [Mathcad Prime 1.0 is] easy, user-friendly
Martin Van Wyck, Project Manager, metallurgical processing, Bureau Veritas
Mathcad presents calculations, text and images in an understandable format, enabling knowledge capture, reuse and design verification, which results in improved product quality with faster time-to-market. As part of PTC’s product development system (PDS), Mathcad’s integration with other PTC products including Creo™ Elements/Pro™ (formerly Pro/ENGINEER) and Windchill® enables increased productivity, improved process efficiency and better collaboration between individuals and groups.
Highlights of Mathcad Prime 1.0 include:
- New task-based interface - promotes productivity while also enabling users to learn unfamiliar functions or features quickly and easily.
- Document-centric calculation environment - enables users to created detailed, professional engineering design documents that include complex calculations quickly and easily, using live standard math notation with text, images and graphs. Additionally, documents are easy to read and understand by non-Mathcad users, thus supporting effective communication of designs and engineering knowledge across the enterprise.
- Advanced math exploration – Powerful capabilities along with an environment to display, manipulate, analyze and plot data with full units support.
- Dynamic units support – full support for units throughout all calculations created in Mathcad Prime 1.0 improves process efficiency by helping to reduce errors and increase accuracy of results.
- Intuitive equation editor – WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) equation editor enables users to express problem constraints and solutions in natural math notation allowing users to focus on the calculations and spend less time manipulating the document.
“PTC continues to invest in Mathcad technology to ensure that our customers have the best engineering calculations tool available,” said Jake Simpson, senior general manager, Mathcad Business Unit, PTC. “Mathcad Prime 1.0 enables users to focus on solving complex engineering problems with less time spent on formatting design documents. That content is captured in a format that is presentable so it is much easier to solve the problem and interpret the engineering intent. The result is good design decisions supported by well structured and legible documentation. When coupled with best practices such as data management, Mathcad becomes a compelling standard for engineering teams to capture and manage critical design history as intellectual property.”
Mathcad Prime Upgrades and Product Availability
Mathcad Prime 1.0 is available now in all supported languages.
*The timing of any product release, including any features or functionality, is subject to change at PTC’s discretion.
For more information on how to obtain Mathcad Prime, please visit the Mathcad product pages on www.ptc.com.
About PTC ( http://www.ptc.com)
PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC), The Product Development Company®, develops, markets and supports product development software solutions and related services that help companies achieve their product development strategies and optimize their processes. Using the company’s tightly integrated CAD and enterprise PLM solutions, organizations are better able to create and manage product information throughout the lifecycle for optimal product development success.
The announcement of the introduction of any particular PTC software product or service offering is not necessarily indicative of the timing of recognition of revenue therefrom or the level of revenue for any particular period. The timing of any product release, including any features or functionality, is subject to change at PTC’s discretion.
PTC and its logo, The Product Development Company, Mathcad, Mathcad Prime, Mathcad PrimΣ, and all PTC product names and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Parametric Technology Corporation and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and in other countries.